Remote on/off switch for Panasonic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Remote on/off switch for Panasonic

I use various prime lenses on my HDX900 and this means I don't have the ability to use a remote on/off & zoom control that I usually mount on the tripod handle. Does any one know if it is possible to create a remote on/off (record) switch and plug it into the camera body where the zoom would normally connect. Thanks

David
www.lunaseafilms.com
David C Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Major Player

I have wanted this for my HPX500 too, haven't found an answer... I even tried to find one of those old-fashioned do-it-your-self tinkerers with a solder gun to make me one - with no luck - I sure do miss those guys...
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Abelcine

I am waiting on some information from Abelcine, but they think they can make one for me. Will let you know.
David C Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Major Player

I would be very cool, since it is Ables, if they could incorporate the on-off switch in the walnut Aaton hand grip... I have an Aaton that I hardly get to use any more, it would be nice to be able to at least use the grip...I haven't had any luck with this, I hope you do...
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM   #5
Major Player

David: I have tried to contact several people who maintain cameras at TV stations, without luck, for someone who could fabricate an electronic switch (which would need to plug in to the lenses receptical on the camera) -

I am thinking instead of designing a mechanical "plunger" that would mount on the mini-rods, activated by a lever above the grip, and would nudge the camera's front on-off switch.. Sort of 19th Century Rube Goldberg, but it would work...
Old December 24th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Abel's are making a cable for me. Will let you know how it works out.

David
David C Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders