hvx200 line in xlr buzzing noise.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

hvx200 line in xlr buzzing noise....

One of my clients hvx200 seems to record intermittent low buzzing. I am sending a line level out from my 442 to line level into the hvx200 - settings are set to manual as we always do. My return audio from camera has the low level buzzing and when recording to p2 it is identical.
They have two hvx200's and a hpx500. Never had any issues with buzzing on the other hvx200 and hpx 500 with the exception of the phantom beeping when recording to p2 cards which is a separate issue.

This low level buzz is not interference from power or any transformer that is around.

Has any one had this issue before?

Could the pre-amps in the hvx200 be going bad?

schoeps cmc641 to sd 442 line level out to line level in hvx200.

Thanks in advance for chiming in .
Ty Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

did you try swapping xlr cables? check shield connections and grounds in the connectors - most likely the source of hum.
Dick Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders