A-Series P2 Cards - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 11th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #16
Trustee

Tom,
I think your comments about myself and clients and what they want to pay are insulting and uncalled for. I turn down a lot of work which doesn't make sense economically but even in the highest paid work budgets are examined very closely.

Different production scenarios have costs which have to be budgeted and P2 media is not trivial. It is great when you are shooting limited amounts of material. Not so good when shooting long events without breaks and multiple cameras. When comparing media costs and camera costs across platforms there are plenty of reasons to choose systems and Panasonic is not the only game in town and what makes my clients need to use one system over another is a combination of factors in which cost is very important.
New technology is always coming along which changes the equation as to how we do our jobs and not being sensitive to this can put one on the outside looking in as a return on investment. My comment was referring to people using SD media as if it was tape compared to P2 media which has not approached that price level yet.

Cheers
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hello Daniel,

Sorry if my comments offended, that was not my intention, I have seen many industry guys over many years lower to the "clients cost driven demands", and suffer badly because if it, financially and mentally.
That was my point i was trying to make. no offence intended,

Yes, some clients need education and nurturing to get up to speed, in these tough times thats for sure.

Cheers
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #18
New Boot

I've found shooting with P2 cards actually becomes affordable when I rent the cards. I've used a few of the different P2 rental places out there, P2rents.com seems to be the simplest and most affordable.
Steve Childs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM   #19
Major Player

If folks find P2 card costs expensive, why not consider getting a nanoFlash and record it on CF then? Of course, you have to put up with the capital cost of buying a nanoFlash first - which is not cheap. Costs about 2 64GB P2 cards. But, once you clear that, CF card costs are peanuts.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Sorry to bring this forum back up.

So I am just comparing prices of p2 cards - but it seems to me that only the Panasonic p2 cards are on the market still. Is this correct?

I only managed to find a couple fuji cards on the net and am finding it really hard to find any maxells. I am guessing these cards didn't cut it - or couldn't compete with Panasonic's prices?
Dale Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:37 PM   #21
Major Player

In Singapore, there is ONLY Panasonic P2 cards for sale. No Fuji nor Maxell.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders