P2 Media Information - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 03:57 AM   #31
Inner Circle

sure Chris,
Im just scanning it in now :)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:59 AM   #32
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : sure Chris,
Im just scanning it in now :) -->>>

Before you post it, I'd suggest that you confirm that Peter Jefferson holds the copyright or has obtained permission to reproduce the brochure.
Lawrence Bansbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:40 AM   #33
Inner Circle

err dude its for public release anyway..
the more people know about the P2 cards the better off Pana will be..

hell, i got like 200 of these to give to my clients, so i really dont think panasonic would have an issue with this being posted on the net considering its eeh only brochure availlable proving that a 128GB P2 card exists.. which in turn will clear peoples concerns about the capacity of these..
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:10 AM   #34
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : err dude its for public release anyway..
the more people know about the P2 cards the better off Pana will be.. -->>>

You obviously aren't a copyright lawyer. If Panasonic published the brochure, the chances are good that they hold the copyright. You may be right, Panasonic probably wouldn't mind, but then again they may have reservations about just posting it on the Web in an uncontrolled setting. If it's not cool to post content from other Web sites or forums that doesn't fall within "fair use," it's not cool to post other copyrighted material without permission, regardless of intentions. More to the point, doing so may expose the owners of this site to legal action. All you have to do is ask.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:52 AM   #35
Inner Circle

go without... it makes no difference to me.. its no skin off my nose..
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:55 AM   #36
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Lawrence Bansbach : <<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : sure Chris,
Im just scanning it in now :) -->>>

Before you post it, I'd suggest that you confirm that Peter Jefferson holds the copyright or has obtained permission to reproduce the brochure. -->>>

I think Chris is fully capable of deciding what's acceptable to post on his own website.
Jesse Bekas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:56 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Peter, you have e-mail. :)

Any speculation as to whether the P2 slot on exisiting or upcoming cameras is compliant with the standard PC Card spec?
Mark Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:02 AM   #38
New Boot

My god. I can't believe someone is arguing copyright infringement for a product brochure. Copyright law already stifles creativity and and now its come to product brochures.

I'm sure many documentary filmmakers on this board can educate you more calmly as I am too dumbfounded by your very quick response to stifle its posting. And maybe you should do some research on one of the greatest the documentaries ever made " Eyes on the Prize" and the fact you will never see it because the company that owns it cannot afford to purchase the rights to the archival footage.

And Chris Hurd will ultimately do what is best and right for his sight.

Note: This is not a post by the regular member Michael Pappas that posts here. I have the same name and will at some point if this post doesn't get me banned sign up with a middle Initial.
Mike Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:35 AM   #39
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Any speculation as to whether the P2 slot on exisiting or upcoming cameras is compliant with the standard PC Card spec? -
P2 cards are compatible with PC Card slots. So are you asking if the reverse is also true, if a PC Card could be plugged into a P2 slot? Can't see why not, but it's an interesting question...
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:57 AM   #40
Obstreperous Rex

And don't worry folks, we'll clear things with Panasonic just to be kosher.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:28 PM   #41
Major Player

I suggested caution and responsibility, especially given that corporate lawyers (I'm not referring to Panasonic here but companies in general) can be incredibly tenacious. I don't need educating about the unfortunate consequences of copyright law and I'm not arguing in favor of it -- just in favor of being careful enough so as to minimize exposing one's business to unnecessary legal risks, something anyone running a business and dealing with rules and regulations is already aware of. As to rebelling against unjust laws, why don't you do something a little more constructive and contact your senators and congressmen to urge them to support equitable reform of copyright law?

I'm sure Chris will do what is best for his site, and I apologize to him for offering unsolicited advice, especially given that he is sensitive to such issues -- "Posting content from other sites is not cool" is, I believe, a direct quote (which, having proper attribution, is not plagiarism).
Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:32 PM   #42
Obstreperous Rex

No apology necessary, and once again we'll definitely do the right thing. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM   #43
Major Player

Sorry to kind of jump on you, Lawrence.

As you're new here, you probably didn't know that (for obvious reasons) copyright, trademark, and fair-use issues are in constant discussion on this board. I think we assume that if Chris wants to post a brochure or the like, he is aware of most of the possible or probable implications such an action may carry.

BTW - Welcome to the board. :)
Jesse Bekas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:40 PM   #44
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Mark Ross : Peter, you have e-mail. :)

Any speculation as to whether the P2 slot on exisiting or upcoming cameras is compliant with the standard PC Card spec? -->>>

no speculation, fact..
the p2 card is essentailly a PCMCIA card. Shape, size, dimensions..
the only issue is with PCMCIA is bandwidth, so as a transfer system, it works ok to and from the lappy.

Im sure Pana have refined the speed within their own gear, but if you have a P2 card in the Lappy and ur editing straight off the card, you may come across bandwidth issues...
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:35 AM   #45
Regular Crew

Right, well, I am asking exactly what Barry made clear a few posts above:

We know the P2 has been designed to the PCMCIA spec and will work in a standard PC Card slot in a laptop, etc, for transfer purposes.

What I'm asking is if the P2 slot itself is based on the PCMCIA spec, i.e. opening the door for third parties to create a device (card, connector, etc) that would add functionality to the camera via the P2 slot.
Mark Ross is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders