Possible Output Options? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old March 21st, 2005, 10:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Possible Output Options?

Is there any chance of this new Panasonic P2 camera having a precompression component output, like the one supposedly included on the new JVC HDV camera?

I'm sure the odds are slim, and even if there is one I doubt Jan can answer this question.... just figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out there.

Uncompressed output would make this camera an absolute killer, giving you the option to record either 25, 50, 100mbs, or uncompressed SD and HD, and all at different frame rates (60i, 30P, 24P).... it would easily be the most versatile camera on the market.

Yeah, pretty unlikely I know.... but at least I can daydream until NAB.

EDITED TO ADD:
I suppose even without the uncompressed output, it will still be the most versatile camera on the market, shooting 25, 50, and 100mbs formats at various frame rates.
Luis Caffesse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders