It's official: $5,995 for the HVX200, includes DV tape transport - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 18th, 2005, 04:28 AM   #46
Trustee

That 8 minutes on a tape is just wrong. If the tape mechanism is a standard miniDV (DV25) mechanism, it will just record plain old DV25 - unless I've missed some information somewhere.

There is also the colour sampling. DVCPROHD and DVCPRO50 is 4:2:2 whereas HDV is 4:2:0 which is half the vertical colour resolution of the other.

Aaron
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:44 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Koolen
That 8 minutes on a tape is just wrong.
Aaron
'wrong' being a typo, a mistake or 'wrong' as in 'why bother with tape' ??
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:48 AM   #48
Trustee

Oops, I see there the ambiguity could come in. I'm saying "wrong" as a typo. I had a quick look through the camcorderinfo article and is this the sentence you're referring to?

Quote:
When asked by this publication about why users should pick a HD P2 solution with only 8 minutes of video combined with a normal, SD DV tape, or HDV as other manufacturers are offering, Jim Wickizer, a Panasonic spokesperson said one word: "Quality."
If so, I think you misread. They weren't saying "you get 8 minutes of video ON a normal SD DV tape", they were saying "you get 8 minutes on p2, and a normal SD DV tape mechanism that can only record SD" as opposed to one on an HDV camera that can record HiDef.

Aaron
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:58 AM   #49
Regular Crew

now I geddit. right.
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #50
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Koolen
Boyd I agree with you here. The Z1 can sit pretty tight for sometime, and, well who knows what will happen in the mean time? I could see Sony adding real 24p and a few other features. Maybe even coming out with another camera? Seeing as it's going to take this long, I might end up with something like the HD100 - or, just getting a DVX for now.

Aaron

I thought about getting a HD100 till the HVX200 comes out and then if I like it better, sell the HD100and get a DVX. But I'm afraid of the HD100 not holding it's re-sale price, specially after the HVX200 comes out. It's juts that I have a project to shoot now in summer and would like to shoot some flavor of HD. I guess I will just have to shoot it with my trusted AG-DVC200 :)
Michael Maier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders