DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   dvx and hvx side by side pic (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/43254-dvx-hvx-side-side-pic.html)

Harish Kumar April 19th, 2005 04:38 PM

dvx and hvx side by side pic

Hi
Sorry if I missed it. But did anyone by chance at NAB took a side by side picture of DVX and HVX...just to get a comparative size idea.

Cheers

Chris Hurd April 19th, 2005 05:43 PM

Probably not gonna happen, sorry.

Kevin Dooley April 19th, 2005 05:47 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw some posted over at DVXuser.com... I don't know if I'm supposed to send people away from here, but I'm pretty sure I saw them posted there somewhere... sorry I don't remember exactly where...

Tre Stylez April 19th, 2005 06:05 PM

There is a whole article with side by side shots over at dvxuser:

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/HVX200/

Harish Kumar April 19th, 2005 08:09 PM

thanks Chris, Kevin and Tre. Got it

Dylan Couper April 19th, 2005 10:10 PM

Damn. I hate the ergonomics of the DVX, looks like more of the same. At least it is a bit bigger.....fatter anyway. Pfft... I'll probably still buy it.

Jesse Bekas April 19th, 2005 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Damn. I hate the ergonomics of the DVX, looks like more of the same. At least it is a bit bigger.....fatter anyway. Pfft... I'll probably still buy it.

Could you tone down the enthusiasm a little, Dylan? ;)

I like the form factor, and I'm also glad it's a little bit bigger.

Harish Kumar April 20th, 2005 07:38 AM

I think it looks really solid...
I bought DVX100...then sold it and bought DVX100A ...and now I am going to keep it till this is out and then for sure I am going to buy this beast...

Harish Kumar April 20th, 2005 07:41 AM

As per looks I feel it is more or less like Z1...in fatness and length....I mean

I feel it is beautiful....and I am sure even it is heavy it can be easily used on a steadycam as glidecam 4000

Peter Jefferson April 20th, 2005 08:10 AM

i thnk it would make a good big bro to the DVX..
a bit fatter, and uglier but i really like teh design and layout of the DVX..

im hopign its low light performance is on par though, but for me, by the time its released and by the time i can deliver HD-DVD, DVCPro50 will be my format of choice..

then once they sort out their dvcprohd usage with NLE's, id start to deliver the format to the client..

but until thn, as ewe in the real world of SD Delivery (at least for another couple of years), DVCPro50 is the best format to go with..
Were talking DigiBeta here folks...

i really like the idea of Pana takin on Sony at their "pro" game.. by offering these variable formats (sony with the HDV, DVCam and DV, and Pana with the DV, DVCPro and DVCProHD), theyre directly aiming to shoot the big S down.. personally i prefer dvcpro50 and even dvcpro25 over dvcam anyday...

thats my 2cents :)

Dylan Couper April 20th, 2005 12:12 PM

Although the layout of the Z1 and DVX are similar, the feel and ergonomics of the Sony are far better. The feel of the DVX is what kept me from buying one. If they have improved it on the HVX, I will sleep with it (after I buy it).

Chris Hurd April 20th, 2005 12:20 PM

Man, I don't know what's wrong with my head! Boy am I an idiot during show days... I had thought the original poster said HVX side by side with HD100... *that's* what probably isn't going to happen.

Of course DVX and HVX side by side is a logical thing, and as always the DVX User gang does it up right. Sorry for the confusion on my part. That's waht I get for being in a hurry!

Dylan Couper April 20th, 2005 07:01 PM

Ok, I've looked at the pics about 10 times now. It's growing on me. I don't hate it anymore, even though it is related to a DVX100.

Chris, do you think you could score me some Canon stickers to put over the Panasonic badge on it?