Panasonic, can you make this camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 17th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #1
New Boot

Panasonic, can you make this camera?

I'm a Sony user whose fed up with them always crippling their camera's in some lame way. FX1 having cineframe rather than 24P and the latest annoyance being the follow up to the PDX10 - going from 3 chips down to 1 is not what I call an improvement.

So can you make a camera that competes with the PDX10 (now known as the HDR-HC1). I trust you'd make it great and there'd be a big audience for it bother pro & consumer.

The main points in my perfect world would be:
1. small/light form factor that's easy to grip. (I'd suggest looking at old super 8 camera designs for the cool/retro/functional factor)
2. HDV
3. PS2 storage. I wouldn't mind it being tapefree.
4. 3 chips (this would seem obvious to most people except Sony)

I hope that doesn't sound crazy, but that's the kind of camera I'd like. After seeing what you're doing with the HVX200 and stealing Sony's thunder, maybe you can do it to their smaller line too.
(I'd buy the HVX but it's too big for my needs)
Chris Hink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #2
Wrangler

Actually, while you guys are at it, can you make a shoulder mount sized version of the HVX200?
Old May 17th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #3
Inner Circle

now that Dylan, is a god idea.. liek the dvc30, yes a good camera, but the shoulder mounted form factored dvc60 was a waste of resources, when they could have used the dvx100 innards to make a DSR200/250 killer

DVC60 = MASSIVE WASTE OF RESOURCES
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders