DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Sonnet Qio card reader (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/467602-sonnet-qio-card-reader.html)

Art White November 12th, 2009 10:27 AM

Sonnet Qio card reader

Is anyone using the Sonnet Qio card reader? I would like to know how well it works.

Thanks
Art

Bo Skelmose November 12th, 2009 11:12 AM

It has not arrived yet - maybe December or January...

Art White November 12th, 2009 12:03 PM

I see that now. I'm going to keep my eye on it. Seems nice.

Dan Brockett November 12th, 2009 06:20 PM

Why is it that everything connected with P2 seems to take FOREVER to come out? Kind of like the HVX200, HPX170, all of the larger P2 cards, the QIO, etc. I love the P2 but man, do we have to be super patient to use P2.

Dan

Tom Klein November 13th, 2009 04:36 AM

Hi Dan,

Yes I think your correct about patience. the "P" in P2 may just signify "Patience".
I'm sure others will have opinions on this..
Lets hope we can have some bench tests on the Qio prior to Christmas. Mine is on Pre Order.

Cheers
Tom k

Bo Skelmose November 13th, 2009 08:09 AM

Guess - Panasonic just tell about what they are working on, on day one. I do not remember for how long I have been waiting fo the AG-HMR 10 and camera - but it's about a year and it has changed design through that time. Whats with the Sonnet thing - Heard that they are not quite satisfied with it yet. Maybe it has something to do with the release of the new P2 cards that other non-Panasonic P2 readers also have problems with.

Tom Klein November 13th, 2009 11:01 PM

Hi Bob,

Sonnet - Qio: Professional Universal Media Reader/Writer Plus Four eSATA Ports
Probably late delivery as far as i know sonnet have packed alot into this multi-card reader, and as I found out with my own efforts towards getting a P2 card reader up and running, OS changes like Apple SL and new windows, must have been a nightmare to deal with.
Sonnet are now saying on their site delivery may be prior to christmas. Lets hope.

Cheers

Ron Wilk November 14th, 2009 09:24 AM

Panasonic AJ-PCD35

Panasonic's AJ-PCD35 is lightening fast in terms of file transfer and comparing its specs to those of the Sonnet, it's more than twice as speedy and, of course, twice as costly. You get what you pay for but, then again, the extra speed may not benefit everyone.

Robert Fierce November 14th, 2009 12:42 PM

Hopefully the QIO is beng delayed to include USB3 and/or a Light Peak port. Of course I'm assuming the next Macs will have one of those ports as well, which may be a leap of faith on my part.

Dan Brockett November 14th, 2009 07:44 PM

You mean like how Apple jumped all over Blu Ray for the Macs? Always on the cutting edge (NOT).

Dan

Christian Magnussen November 14th, 2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fierce (Post 1447333)
Hopefully the QIO is beng delayed to include USB3 and/or a Light Peak port.

Why wait for USB3 when Sata offers the speed today...?

Tom Klein December 8th, 2009 04:25 AM

https://secure1.sonnettech.com/index...ca82de1d4278b5

Qio Reader,
(Pre-Order; Avail. mid-January)

Oh well, yet more patience...

Cheers

Gary Nattrass January 20th, 2010 06:53 PM

Here is an interesting machine on UK e-bay for P2 file management:P2 Workflow Tool with Panasonic AJ-PCD20 (Broadcast) on eBay (end time 21-Jan-10 17:00:06 GMT)

James Ewen January 21st, 2010 01:54 AM

Still nobody with the Sonnet Qio?

Looking forwards to hearing how this reader stands up in the real world.

Regards the Ebay auction, I cannot help thinking that the owners of something so specialized would have missed its arrival...

Tom Klein January 27th, 2010 02:08 AM

Looks like not too much longer to wait.... Mac Version shipping very soon...

Who's going to be the first to test drive the Qio, and post some results ?....

Cheers