AVC-Intra driver for Snow Leopard? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Major Player

AVC-Intra driver for Snow Leopard?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a noob question -- did a forum and internet search and couldn't come up with anything.

I just got a machine that is running Snow Leopard and downloaded the new P2 driver from Panasonic. However, Final Cut told me it is still missing the AVC-Intra codec. So, I downloaded the only AVC-Intra codec on Panny's website, though it didn't list Snow Leopard compatibility (mistake). When I loaded Log and Xfer it crashed FCP.

Two questions:

1. How do I uninstall the driver I just installed
2. How can I import AVC-Intra ftg into FCP?

Thanks!

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Which version of Final Cut are you using? FCP 7 already has the Apple Intra codec installed and you shouldn't require anything more than that. On the other hand, if you are using an older version the aforementioned will likely not apply. As for the driver, it may not be necessary to do an uninstall.
Ron Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:49 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Ron,

I'm on 6.0.6, so no luck with the pre-installed driver.

However, I looked again at the Panny download page for the Snow Leopard driver and saw that it only supports 1394 and SATA, and I had my P2 Card Reader hooked up via USB, so that was the problem. I just hooked up via FW800 and everything imports fine.

I would like to delete that nefarious driver, though. Anyone know a good way to do that?

Thanks,

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Major Player

Not sure how to go about removing the driver but if there is nothing on your system to "call" the driver, why not just leave it?
BTW, out of curiosity, what are you using as a P2 reader?
The machines in my editing suite are Towers (8core intel/Macs) and there was nothing that I could find on the market that could really do the job, aside from the Panasonic PCIE 5 card reader which is costly but incredibly fast.
Ron Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi Ron,

Yes, I think I'm just going to leave the driver on there, assuming it doesn't cause any troubles.

I am using the first gen 5slot P2 card reader -- really like it (though it's not as fast as the new one).

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders