What about the image? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old July 4th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #16
Wrangler

I predict that I'll have to listen to dozens of first time indie directors tell me how much the stuff they shot on the HVX200 looks like film, to the point where I just can't stand the camera anymore, despite owning one.

Then again, if I get one of the first ones to come into Vancouver, *I* can be that guy!
Old July 5th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #17
Contributor

Yeah, it's "deja vu all over again." Remember when the VX1000 looked "just like film." And then the XL1 with its frame mode looked "just like film." And then later the DVX100 with its 24p mode looked "just like film." For some reason the Sony Z1 with its version of the frame mode does not look "just like film." The Panasonic already "looks just like film" even though it's not even out yet. I wonder if the JVC does? Recently I saw a movie shot with the Varicam, edited in HD with a D5 master, then dubbed to SD video. It looked "just like film." Sort of.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Ha ha!

Wait for those days when (all over again!) ANY KIND OF on-line HVX200 "sample footage" would be worth gold.
Bogdan Apetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 05:54 AM   #19
Inner Circle

if the DVX lens is anythign to go by, it will look great.. as for the film look.. well if u want that look, use film...

why waste energy on a unit which FULL specs have even been made public yet???
Dont get me wrong, id prolly get one of these simply due to the fact that already use 2 DVX's and this will just complement those, but for those seeking "film look" if ur that desperate for it, consider actual film.. not everyone wants to deliver on film and for those of us who are in that category, this camera is good enough
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdan Apetri
BUT -- I see everyone is dreaming of a perfect HVX200 plus the mini35 as being the mother of all cameras. Honestly, I doubt that this set-up combination will produce perfectly acceptable large screen theatrical images - large screen being the key words here.
I wouldn't be *so* sure. I understand what you're saying mate, and you may well be right, but I'm looking to test Z1 footage w/ a mini35 and one of the labs I contacted has already done a transfer from an *SD* camera (XL-1, I think) + mini35 with (and I quote) "amazing" and "stunning" results - so add HD resolution to the picture and it *is* a possibility...
Dominic Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I would be the first to be happy over my mistake, since I do plan to upgrade from the DVX to the HVX when it becomes available.
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:24 PM   #22
Major Player

Me too, I've got my fingers crossed!

I've also just come across an article which says that an (unnamed, so perhaps not to be trusted) lab received better, sharper results transferring SDX-900 footage (alright, bit of a difference there!) with the Pro35 and Zeiss superspeeds than with a Canon HD Zoom, which is interesting and perhaps lays slightly to rest the theory that large scale sharp images are not possible with 35mm adaptors...

Here's hoping!!

Last edited by Dominic Jones; July 13th, 2005 at 06:09 AM.
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:39 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Can you post the article link?

Bogdan
Old July 13th, 2005, 06:05 AM   #24
Major Player

Err... Yeah hold on, I think it's on cinematography.com...
Old July 13th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #25
Major Player

Ah ha!!

Here you go:
http://www.cinematography.com/forum2...topic=6903&hl=
Dominic Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders