DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Good Article on PCD2 P2 Card Reader (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/477441-good-article-pcd2-p2-card-reader.html)

Scott Cantrell April 23rd, 2010 09:37 AM

Good Article on PCD2 P2 Card Reader

Pansonic forwarded this article on the new PCD2 P2 Card Reader to me and I thought I would share with DVinfo!

Varicam in Los Angeles - The P2 Blog - Panasonic AJ-PCD2 Benchmarks ? Not TooShabby

Scott Cantrell
Tapeworks Texas Inc - DVinfo Sponser

Daniel Epstein April 23rd, 2010 05:16 PM

I was at Abel in NY Yesterday and asked when the PCD2 would be delivered and they were non-committal. End of next week maybe? No one would say. This is the kind of thing which should be available almost upon announcement.

Tom Klein April 23rd, 2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Cantrell (Post 1518418)
Pansonic forwarded this article on the new PCD2 P2 Card Reader to me and I thought I would share with DVinfo!

Varicam in Los Angeles - The P2 Blog - Panasonic AJ-PCD2 Benchmarks ? Not TooShabby

Scott Cantrell

Hello Scott, Credit should be to where it's due,
Thanks should be noted to "Helmut" for doing what Panasonic should have had done, wait for shipping date will be next hurdle.

Cheers

Gary Nattrass April 25th, 2010 04:01 AM

Thanks for the link, looks like its time to retire the G4 powerbook and use this with the macbook pro.

Scott Cantrell April 29th, 2010 01:44 PM

Tom, you are correct,kudo's should be given to Helmut Kobler for writing the article! It's funny, Panasonic sent me the weblink to the article, but I have yet to receive anything from them introducing the product to US Panasonic Distribution! I did ask my rep when he anticipated the PCD2 to start shipping here in the US and he responded hopefully late next month.
Tapeworks Texas Inc Price for the PCD2 is $350.00 and is available for pre-orders now!
Order online via Panasonic AJ-PCD2

Scott Cantrell
tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net

Tom Klein April 29th, 2010 07:29 PM

Hi Scott,

I've always said the P in P2 stands for "Patience", if we use pana's past track record on delivery dates, we may see it by Aug or later in the year, anyway it will be a "fix" for many budget users of P2 , and for those that require faster tansfers of multiply cards , well, there is much out there to do that right now.

Everything comes down to your budget, if it's low, don't expect too much, if it high, it's out there now.

Cheers from downunder.

Daniel Epstein May 8th, 2010 06:24 AM

I was over at Abel last week again and they said some had shipped which they had sold out of already. Did anyone on the list get one?

Andy Shipsides May 8th, 2010 08:30 AM

We had 50+ coming in and sold them all. Panasonic is now back ordered and won't be delivering anymore until next month.