Need a way to download P2 cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 24th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Need a way to download P2 cards

In NY and I just shot with P2 cards for the first time this weekend. I am not ready for the post workflow. I have a Duel Adapter that will not work with my Mac because I'm running Snow leapord. I need a way to downlad these cards onto a HD. Any Suggestions?
Thanks.
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Thread title changed from "Help!" to "Need a way to download P2 cards" -- please avoid ambiguous thread titles.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #3
New Boot

Connect the camera to a computer? Don't know what type of camera you use, but I suppose all P2 cameras can be connected via either USB or firewire to a computer and then you'll be able to offload your material.

Good Luck
John
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #4
Inner Circle

John has it right, just make sure that you download the latest P2 driver from the Panasonic website. If you are on a Mac, use FW. Works great, a little slower than the Duel but not too bad. https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro...river_li_e.htm

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi

Yes I agree the P2 work flow without a Panasonic purpose built card reader is a challenge.

You can pre-order this, ie not available yet I think, but will be the cheapest option from Panasonic: (but this won't help you now).

Card Readers

Do you still have the Camera?

I'm just getting into my HPX300.

At this stage my MacPro won't (running SL) see the P2 card via firewire while still in the Camera.

I have an old G4 1 GHZ PowerBook with a PCMCIA slot running OSX.3.9, but that won't see the P2 card either, I think I need a minimum of Tiger which is OSX.4 I think.

Even so that's still a two stage solution as it has to be downloaded to a HDD.

The solution for me is to download the clips via USB to an external HDD from the Cam.

Then I open FCP and then File -> Import the Folder from the HDD straight into the FCP project.

Not straight forward, but I got there in the end.

Cheers

Michael
Michael Lyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Patric Coker View Post
In NY and I just shot with P2 cards for the first time this weekend. I am not ready for the post workflow. I have a Duel Adapter that will not work with my Mac because I'm running Snow leapord. I need a way to downlad these cards onto a HD. Any Suggestions?
Thanks.
E. Patric Coker
I have s set up to download p2 cards in NYC if you want to come by my office. Won't solve your long term problems but it might be useful in the short term.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #7
Barry Wan Kenobi

You can connect the camera directly to the computer and use it as a card reader.

Or, you can plug a hard drive right into the camera and have the camera copy the card contents onto the hard drive.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders