Power problem with HPX500 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 26th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #1
Major Player

Power problem with HPX500

Hi
I sometimes work for a company that use the HPX500 as a OB camera - sometimes with a fiberbox and sometimes without. Power is comming from a Hawk woods powersupply (60W).
The camera is always blinking red and the record on the P2 cards cannot be activated. Turning the camera off and on and you can be lucky to record for a few minuttes and the the recording stops. I have not had time to work more with the setup as I am a freelancer and just meeting just before the production starts.
I have tried with my small mascot powersupply supplying 5 amps 13.8V and the camera states there only is 12V. The company tells me that they have been messing with the battery settings but not have found anything better than this. I had the same problem with my HPX2100 at the start but I managed to set up a power setting that works. The Menu structure of the cameraes are not the same - anyone have an idear of what is wrong ?
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Trustee

Battery/AC set up is a menu item, Number 9 on my camera when in Camera Menu.
Ext DC in Options set to AC Adapter or Battery I use AC Adapter. Yours could be set to Battery?
Battery Options can be set to particular profiles but I set mine to Type B and modify the profile to settings given to me by Anton Bauer
Battery Mode setting Manual or Auto I use Manual
My Type B Settings Full reading 14V Near 12.1 End 11.6 I use Anton Bauer Hytron 140s mostly but these setting should work with almost any AB Battery.
Other Battery types might need a different profile so check with your supplier if not AB
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders