To view AVC100 on Macbook pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Major Player

To view AVC100 on Macbook pro

Iam able to view P2 DVCpro HD files on my Macbook pro with the software I down loaded.. P2CMS..
but not AVC 100 files.. audio only.
Went to Pana site.. a total nightmare IMO.. saw a AVC100 converter for mac.. but need a user name and password?????????

I dont have FCP or any other editing software.. I just want to be able to download files from a USB reader.. and have a quick visual check..

Any advice.. should be simple.. or so I thought..

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Trustee

You are not alone.
You should try and get a Username and Password. It is free. A bit of a pain if one is on location.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi there

Actually my fault.. a password and id had been emailed to me.. down loaded the AVC to mac software.. and now can view AVC test clip in P2CMS.. cant get a big nice window like QT player.. but I just need to check that there is something there really..

But I do think the whole site could be better.. all these tiny things all over the place.. a bit hard to understand for idiots like me..

Now i just have to buy the 3100.. :)

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Trustee

Robin,
You are not an idiot or alone. The website trips up people all the time. Did you check how the audio plays back on your clip. Associates of mine are starting a project with AVCintra and are having weird audio sync issues on playback with P2CMS on their Macbook Pro. It is a 13" which might be part of the problem.
AVCIntra seems to be to DVCPRO what HDV is to DV in terms of issues making it work. DVCPRO and DV easy, AVCIntra and HDV not so easy.
Good luck with the 3100
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Dan

Iam also using Mac book pro 13 inch.. TBH my test clip is very short and no real way to check sync.. just ambient noise.But yes dont know if the CPU speed is not good enough.. or just the P2CMS software is not set up to be that accurate.. .. have they tried the footage on FCP or something a bit more fancy than P2CMS.

Yes excited about the 3100.. and the price is very good.. and even a better view finder..at last! its like I have a direct line to Pana.. and everything I wanted in a new P2 camera .. they did!! if only 128 GB cards at say $400.. .. dream on I know..
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders