Older P2CMS for G4 Powerbook? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM   #1
Trustee

Older P2CMS for G4 Powerbook?

Does anyone have a source for Older P2CMS software to run on G4 Powerbook? If you have it running on your computer you might have the original Zip file. A friend has a G4 we wanted to use and I have one as well which used to have it but the harddrive replacement seems to have lost that bit of software. The newer links on Panasonic's website don't show the legacy software. Thanks in advance
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:28 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi Daniel I have a powerbook G4 running tiger for P2 transfer so will see if I have the software on it!
Old February 3rd, 2011, 06:14 AM   #3
Trustee

Sorry all I have installed is the P2 formatter as I have raylight for P2 transfer on the G4.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Trustee

Thanks for checking Gary.
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #5
Trustee

No Joy from Panasonic Tech Support. In and email reply to me they claim they don't have any Non intel Mac software around. Seems kind of silly given the size of their site to not store some legacy software. Now if they had never written in the first place i could understand that.
Old February 6th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #6
Trustee

You can still get raylight as I got my copy last year, its cost though.

I tend to use FCP to import to the G4 from DVCpro or copy the card to a hard drive if I am using AVC intra.
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #7
Trustee

Hey Gary,
Raylight is an option but my friends are giving up on using the G4 they had and are outfitting a newer Mac for various reasons. Like most computer systems this case points out how difficult it is to anticipate hardware and software compatibility to stay in sync as long as a user would expect it to.
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:06 AM   #8
Trustee

Yup there reaches a point when you just have to bite the bullet and change to the latest systems.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders