How to be listed as owner/operator for HVX200 on Panasonic's site? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old August 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM   #1
Major Player

How to be listed as owner/operator for HVX200 on Panasonic's site?

I was checking out the Panasonic Broadcast site today (drooling over the HVX200) and I noticed in the DVX100A section there is a link for "Where to Rent" which, when clicked on, opens a window where you can enter your zip code and find rental houses/owner operators with the camera in question. I'm wondering (Jan please feel free to chime in here) how one gets listed on this service? Thanks,

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 03:33 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I think most of the major rental outfits are well known by their dealers. Seems to me like your regional or district Panasonic sales manager would be your best point of contact for proceeding with this.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 09:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Chris!

Peter
Old September 7th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #4
Panasonic Broadcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Richardson
I'm wondering (Jan please feel free to chime in here) how one gets listed on this service? Thanks,
Hi Peter,

The way it works on the DVX100 is that you need to be a rental facility. We couldn't possibly list all of the Owner Operators of DVX100s as we do with some of the VariCam owners. The sheer numbers would slow the system down. So if you do offer a rental service, that is the camera can be rented without an operator, leave with a client and be returned, then you can be listed. Obviously this is a little premature as we haven't delivered any cameras as of yet. It took us about 2 months to put the one up on the SDX, we needed enough rental houses to make it make sense. I mean if you put in an LA zip code you would want an LA Rental HOuse right, so it just take a bit of time to get all the players in and then it is up.

Hope that helps,

Jan
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:21 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Jan--very helpful. If we did want to be listed as a rental facility (meaning camera could be checked out and then returned) when the HVX comes out, how would we go about doing that? Best,

Peter
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:14 PM   #6
Panasonic Broadcast

Quote:
Thanks Jan--very helpful. If we did want to be listed as a rental facility (meaning camera could be checked out and then returned) when the HVX comes out, how would we go about doing that?
You would need to present to the web, a rental house sort of interface, with rates and all that sort of stuff. Go take a look at the rental places and get a cue from how they do it and make a page. Frankly, if you were also in the production business, I would come up with a separate company, althought that is not a discriminator on our part but on the view of portential clients, you may have more success if you don't look like a competitor.

Best,

Jan
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks Jan! Time to start building a web page...

Peter
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #8
Panasonic Broadcast

Quote:
Thanks Jan! Time to start building a web page...

Peter

As they say in the great white north(meaning snow) and Northern Michigan, " You betcha!"

And don't forget the cards for rent. ;-)

Best,

Jan

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders