Slow motion and Resolution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Slow motion and Resolution

2 basic questions:

1. will the HVX200 shoot true 60 frames per second?

2. Will a person be able to tell a difference with HD footage if it's shown on a standard definition TV?

john
John Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wheeler
2 basic questions:

1. will the HVX200 shoot true 60 frames per second?

2. Will a person be able to tell a difference with HD footage if it's shown on a standard definition TV?
1) Yes, on the NTSC model, 50fps on the PAL. ONLY to P2 or through firewire, and only in 720p. Datarate will be 100Mbps.

2) The additional resolution is discarded, so no, not resolution wise. The increases in chroma resolution will make a difference as will any gain (or loss) in latitude, signal to noise ratio etc etc.
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I guess my question then is,

If you're not going to be showing your footage on an HD screen or blowing up to film, is there really any advantage at all to shooting with a camera like this? (in hd mode)?

I guess I asked my earlier question incorrectly? I didnt mean to ask if the resolution would be better if watched on an SD tv. But will you notice an increase in the quality of the footage? quality related directly to the fact that it was shot in HD.

john
John Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 05:56 PM   #4
Trustee

I can see a big resolution jump when viewing HD on an SD monitor. looks MUCH better then SD, just like films shot on 35mm look better on DVD then a dvx film...
Obin Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders