Panasonic PX270 on sale at B&H at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 26th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Panasonic PX270 on sale at B&H

I see the price has dropped further on this unit, with B&H already giving a $600 discount and now Panasonic is offering a further $500 mail-in rebate. Tempting!
Scott Hiddelston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Panasonic PX270 on sale at B&H

My speculation is that sales are not hot on this model. I already the HPX-250 and have no urgent needs to upgrade. And my others I know don't express strong interest to do so. HPX-250 will have many years left in its useful work life. Yes the PX270 is nice and all but it's not night and day difference to justify another $5.5K. If PX270 has 2 full P2 slots, then I'd reconsider. But no. They push for Micro P2 to do spanning. Looks to me that's probably the only real hidden profits from Panasonic these days: Media cards. Other than that, it's very hard to get the sales up considering there are several other brands that they have to compete.
Sam Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Panasonic PX270 on sale at B&H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hiddelston View Post
I see the price has dropped further on this unit, with B&H already giving a $600 discount and now Panasonic is offering a further $500 mail-in rebate. Tempting!
It surely would be tempting... if Panny would just finish the damn thing. As it stands, the camera is incomplete. The AVC LongG CODECs are nearly worthless because they support so few framerates. Panasonic has been promising to fix this in a firmware upgrade for almost a year. And... they haven't. I for one doubt they ever will.

So the camera isn't selling as well as they hoped. Given Panny's lack of support for it, this isn't exactly a surprise. The marketplace isn't completely stupid.

OTOH, the Sony version of this camera, the PWX-X180, appears to be a finished camera, and is getting quite good reviews. Much as I would prefer the Panny, if I had to choose today, I would buy the Sony instead.

I'm hacked about this because Panasonic aimed this camera directly at me. It's exactly what I need, or would be, if they would finish the thing. But I learned a long time ago to never buy into any company's hype -- only buy the thing that's on the market at the time. And this thing... is broken. So I'm not buying it. Sigh...
Bruce Watson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 12:19 PM   #4
New Boot

FOR SALE: PANASONIC HPX600 / Fujinon XA17X7.6 BERM...

FOR SALE: PANASONIC HPX600 / Fujinon XA17X7.6 BERM...

I have one AGHPX600 with color viewfinder and Fujinon XA17X7.6 BERM M6D lens that I purchased new in May, 2014 and now need to sell ASAP. I'd be interested in selling the body or lens separately as well. If you are, or know anyone who might be interested please let me know...it will be a great deal since there is under 150 hours on the camera.
Todd Simon
THS-Visuals
775-588-6976
todds@thsvisuals.com
Todd Simon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders