Release? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 13th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Release?

I'm just curious if an official release date has been announced. All that I have heard is December 2005.
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 11:02 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I thought they were still shooting for December in North America.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 10:55 PM   #3

panasonic say's late november or december in pre-release info.
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:10 PM   #4
Major Player

The late November / early December is an old estimate that they haven't updated. All indications I have seen is that it's going to be a 1st quarter 06 release, maybe even 2nd quarter. A 2005 release is still possible, but I wouldn't count on it considering nobody has seen a production model HVX200 yet and where's all the demo video clips and whatnot? Panasonic is either achieving a new level of being tight-lipped about their new product or it's just not ready yet. For a late November release, the cameras would've had to go into full production about 2 days ago and that may even be pushing it.
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:24 PM   #5
Barry Wan Kenobi

Panasonic has said they'll be released in time that they could be under people's Christmas trees this year. It is slated for a December 2005 release.

Last edited by Barry Green; November 3rd, 2005 at 06:02 PM.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:19 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green
Panasonic has said they'll be under people's Christmas trees this year.
Wow. What a lovely thought. I mean, practically everyone is thinking of buying one in the traditional manner, i.e. ordering it themselves and for their business or whatnot, but imagine... Unwrapping an HVX as a total surprise on Christmas morning... That would be one incredible spouse who could pull that off.

Honey, do you by any chance look at my history and read these boards?
Mark Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Panasonic has said they'll be under people's Christmas trees this year. It is slated for a December 2005 release.
Hey Barry... thanks! Not that I wouldn't appreciate a coffee mug, but a new camera will be a really nice touch.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:03 PM   #8
Barry Wan Kenobi

Er... okay, I reworded it... :)
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:40 PM   #9
Wrangler

Well, really, Barry didn't say WHICH peoples' trees would have HVX200's under them. I believe he just meant his and mine, and I'm not so sure about his! ;-)

Anyway, FWIW (not a red cent) I really do have to echo the sentiments expressed earlier...Panasonic has been trumpeting this camera for a good long time by now, but I'm not aware of much, if any, new and verified information of any substance about it in the past several months. Where's the info on the CCD block? The lens? People have been asking these questions for so long without answers.

Either Panasonic has the camera essentially ready to go and has inexplicably chosen to keep the rest of the specs a deep, dark secret OR they still have nothing new to say because they haven't got the camera ready. Shipping next month? Ok, then answer the obvious questions and get some full-rez clips circulating so serious shoppers can make their judgments. Otherwise, why should Santa's Helpers set aside $10K for it?
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:57 PM   #10
Major Player

I placed my order with BH a couple days ago...and they've charged my credit card already, so I REALLY hope this camera comes out late Nov/early Dec because I'm not particularly crazy about paying for a camera that I can't use. Anyone else already order theirs?

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 10:39 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I already ordered mine. Hope to have it by December. -EDWIN
Edwin Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Er... okay, I reworded it... :)
Okay.... fine! You're off the hook for now,..... but my birthday is in June, and you will be getting a reminder from me.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #13
Major Player

Just flipped open my fresh off the press (and into my mailbox) copy of "Filmmaker" magazine. On the inside cover is a full page ad for the HVX with the words "here in December" boldy spread across the top.
Eric Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2005, 06:53 AM   #14
Trustee

FYI,

Jan posted at DVXUSER Yesterday that "the HVX200 will start delivery in December with limited quantities. It is on manual allocation. We want to be sure and share the love."

This message tells me that Panasonic MAY not have enough HVX200s for initial dealer orders.

Last edited by Steven Thomas; November 6th, 2005 at 07:57 AM.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #15
New Boot

Just checked the Panasonic site and it states First Quarter 2006
Tim White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders