Control 3 HVX200 cameras? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 25th, 2005, 04:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Control 3 HVX200 cameras?

Dear All,

IDEA:
If i needed to shoot with three HVX-200 cameras at the same time "matched timecode" meaning when i look in the P2 memory i'll find the same exact files with defferent footage of course.

QUESTION:
Is there a controller / remote control to do this through wireless / firewire !!!

Regards,
Amr Toukhy
Amr Toukhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I'm pretty sure the HVX200 will have Free Run timecode... so all you would need to do is to set all three camcorders to the same Free Run TC start value, and enter it into all cams at the same time using the wireless remote controller pointed at all three simultaneously. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

i think this is PERFECT, thank you so much for the great help,
any idea if there is a wide angle lens for this camera that doesn't do edge distortion!!!
thanks
Old October 25th, 2005, 09:35 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

Actually, for sync'ing timecode, it's a lot easier on the HVX. Just set 'em all to free run, and then plug one camera into the next and tell it to read the timecode preset. It'll sync to the other camera. So through firewire you can sync all of their timecodes to be exactly the same.

As far as starting/stopping them, that's another issue. If they're all right next to each other you can start/stop with one remote, but if they're across the room etc., each would be started and stopped separately. So the files will have exactly the same timecode for each moment, regardless of when each operator hit start or stop.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:03 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Barry, i know you can connect two cameras through firewire but how to connect three !!!
thanks
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:25 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Amr, Barry refers to reading one camera from another via FireWire, but they don't have to remain connected. Set one by hand, then use it to set all the others in turn, syncing by FireWire one at a time.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders