I went to see AG-HVX200 in person today at InterBEE - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 17th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Yeah, that's what I figured.

It sure does seem to be a fast conversion process on that P2 video. That is good news.

Thanks again Barry.
Walter S. Chelliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2005, 08:21 PM   #17
Trustee

As Barry says, it was "import" command to bring in the files.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2005, 08:43 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Mann Z.
i meant the hvx lcd screen when recording, all the screen shot i have seen have been of the clip review screen, i was wondering what the layout looks like...

anywas goodnight and thanks for the feedback...
I see. I do have footage me playing around the camera and my staff shot video of that. I was debating to broadcast that because my english is so horrible. But I guess I will make a clip swallowing the embarrasment.
It does have a lot of information on the screen, I liked it.
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:43 PM   #19
Trustee

My encoding had to hold off because my staff had to give demos.

I'm going to InterBEE for the last minutes to take some still shots of other products.

I will post the video and stills later tonight.
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:55 PM   #20
Trustee

Thank you for the updates Kaku-san!
You're information is very helpful

あなたに感謝しなさい

Steve
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:58 PM   #21
Obstreperous Rex

As always Kaku if you need extra hosting space for video clips just call on me. Much appreciated,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:06 AM   #22
Trustee

Here's the link to my blog and I uploaded the clip of taking a closer look at AG-HVX200. Please excuse my horrible English on the clip.
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:17 AM   #23
Trustee

additional more precise information

I checked with Panaosnic person today that 4GB on P2 card can be transfered entirely around 2 minutes and 30 seconds. He said it depends on what kind of video is on the data. More movement intensive footage might take little longer (I guess this is because it has to convert to bring them on Mac).

And they are aiming the shipping date in Japan around December 20th.
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:11 AM   #24
Skyonic New York

i tried to download the video but your registration process is impossible for me to accomplish, for whatever reason these pop up boxes pop up and are unreadble by me so i'mnot even sure what i'm doing wrong, any way you can send it to Chris for an upload on his site...

thanks...
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #25
Trustee

Having trouble getting these files also. I only got to see your first file because someone else shared it on a different server. Let us know how to get these.

Thanks!

Nevermind...finally got the confirmatiion email!!!!
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #26
Trustee

Robert,

It is because you are providing invalid email address? It requires validating process with a valid email address.
Old November 18th, 2005, 10:44 AM   #27
Trustee

LCD cluttered?

Kaku,
Thanks for the video. It showed us some nice stuff. The LCD looked very cluttered and I was wondering 2 things.

1)was that the 4x3 guide that looked liked 2 vertical lines on the left and right side of the image? IF so it seemed very prominent.

2)that you could find, was there an option of turning off all of the overlays for a clean LCD?

One of the big selling points of PANA staying with the 4x3 LCD was that all the information was above and below the 16x9 area thus leaving the image uncluttered. I came away from your video thinking "damn that looked cluttered"!!

Any thoughts on this? thanks again
Marty
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #28
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik
1)was that the 4x3 guide that looked liked 2 vertical lines on the left and right side of the image? IF so it seemed very prominent.

2)that you could find, was there an option of turning off all of the overlays for a clean LCD?
One thing I noticed that the LCD looks smaller than what I used to, FX1.

The two lines seems to be guide for 4x3 frame guide.

When you say cluttered, yeah, it's cluttered. I just thought, yeah, lot of information, but I was more hyped than being calm.

I will send email to Panasonic person in the development team asking about the switch for the overlays. I'm pretty sure they do.

Also, some information from Sumi's DVXFan page that Panasonic could not make the zoom act the same as DVC30 at the slow speed. From the users used to DVC30 felt that HVX200 did not provide super slow zoom ring behavior.
Old November 18th, 2005, 11:15 AM   #29
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Mann Z.
i tried to download the video but your registration process is impossible for me to accomplish, for whatever reason these pop up boxes pop up and are unreadble by me so i'mnot even sure what i'm doing wrong, any way you can send it to Chris for an upload on his site...

thanks...
Robert,

I added a photo to the article so you can see the LCD screen. Click it to enlarge.

Now, 2:15am and I have to do interview shooting of Japanese 2005 downhill champion from Honda Racing Team, so I'm going to sleep. Good night.
Old November 18th, 2005, 01:15 PM   #30
Trustee

What about workflows for other non NLE products such as After Effects, Combustion and Shake? As far as I know no current graphics, animation or compositing program can load MXF files. Does this mean for us VFX people that all footage shot on the HVX200 will have to be converted to DVCPRO HD quicktime or uncompressed HD in order for us to do our FX work? Hopefully Apple will add native MXF support built inside of Quicktime so then it will become universal for every program based on quicktime.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders