DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   HVX200 starts shipping within end of 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/56342-hvx200-starts-shipping-within-end-2005-a.html)

Kaku Ito December 18th, 2005 11:26 PM

HVX200 starts shipping within end of 2005

I got the word from my dealer.
I will concentrate on what I do good to contribute my work.
What do you people think I do good? Because I see some negative posts in other forums that they don't want to see none-pros providing clips.

Barlow Elton December 18th, 2005 11:30 PM

Just shoot what you enjoy shooting. I personally thought you're material was very helpful in evaluating the raw quality from the H1.

Shoot all the modes you can, and just have fun. My only request would be to shoot more night scenes. I want to see more of what the HVX can do in low light.

Don't worry about the persnickety critics in here. I think a good majority of us realize it's usually not very practical to get a crew together and organize a shoot with high production values. Film a variety of scenes, and above all, get some close-ups of people and faces! Get some slo-mo 60p too!

Viva Kaku!!

Additonal Edit: Dang, with how much the HVX can do, it's hard not to come up with additional requests...ok...shoot all the under and overcrank modes!! It would be quite lovely to see all the different frame rates! I'm sure that's alot to bite off, but it would be dang cool to see stuff like that!

Chris Hurd December 18th, 2005 11:57 PM

I agree with Barlow. What you normally do for us is just great, Kaku!

Peter Richardson December 19th, 2005 12:01 AM

(chanting) Slo-mo, slo-mo, slo-mo...especially of your mountain biking stuff Kaku. I should be getting mine not too long after the first of the year, as well, and will post some clips.

Peter

Kaku Ito December 19th, 2005 12:37 AM

Yes, slo-mo, that is the main reason why I'm switching to this cam for 2006.

Thank you all for your encouragement.

I also received a more thorough catalog today. Many thanks to Mr. Masuda at Pro Video Station Shinjuku.

Steev Dinkins December 19th, 2005 12:54 AM

Kaku!! Yes! I loved your XL-H1 footage. I've tested with it and have learned a lot. Just do what you do. It's all good. Particularly I'm interested in 720p/24N and 1080i/24pa footage. Some DV50 examples would be great too. And everything else that's been mentioned already.

Barlow Elton December 19th, 2005 02:43 AM

Kaku,

just a brief question...how did you capture you're H1 footage? Did you use DVHScap or something else to get the 24f material?

I can't figure out a Mac solution for getting 24f footage captured properly at the present time.

Daymon Hoffman December 19th, 2005 02:44 AM

I agree! What you shot with the H1 was brilliant! its good to see some tricky MTB stuff as well... so cool :) (yes i'm a MTBer!)

Thanks for your hard work (not that its considered work ;) ).

Kaku Ito December 19th, 2005 02:52 AM

lucky enough

that I will be having some days off for the new year, I will do shooting on some dirt jumping with all mounts and no mount including tripod, bike frame and my Glidecam V8.

By the way Barlow Elton, your mystery was answered in your thread few hours ago. Sorry I missed that for awhile, but you could have emailed me.

Pete Bauer December 19th, 2005 06:20 AM

Kaku,

Don't worry about the negative posts; just post whatever you wish -- we will be happy for any efforts. There are all too many people we call "naysayers" who make it their business to complain about everything...you know, the type of person that if you just walked up and gave them $10, they would complain because it wasn't $20. Never mind them!

Your XL H1 postings were tremendously valuable to the DVinfo community and we very much look forward to your report on the HVX200. Thank you again for your efforts!

Ashley Hosking December 19th, 2005 06:51 AM

Kaku, Thanks so much for posting the clips of the XL H1 footage all those months back. I really appreciated it! I'm sure many other people appreciated being able to view footage from the canon so soon as well.

So thanks once again :)

Ashley

Philip Williams December 19th, 2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
I got the word from my dealer.
I will concentrate on what I do good to contribute my work.
What do you people think I do good? Because I see some negative posts in other forums that they don't want to see none-pros providing clips.

Don't you worry about negative posts. Your videos have been useful to many, many users. Even IF you're video wasn't any good, no one has any cause for complaint. Good grief, you're voluntarily providing us with video clips from exciting new cameras, and you certainly don't have to do that. You know, there's a simple solution for the people that want "pro" footage only: Don't watch the non-pro footage. Duh.

Personally I think your videos are at least, and probably more useful than "studio" samples. Hey, yours is a real world run and gun test. Lets face it, almost any cam can be made to look really great if its in a controlled environment that's designed to circumvent a camera's short comings. Besides, I like the variety of footage you provide: day, night, fast motion, etc..

So when you get the HVX, you just stroll right on out there and get some cars, bikes and landscape shots. We'll be happy for it.

Philip Williams
www.philipwilliams.com (still down)

Kaku Ito December 19th, 2005 06:31 PM

Thanks all.

One thing I wanted to make sure. I'm shooting all of my video at 0 IRE setup because that is the standard for Japanese broadcast. US is 7.5 IRE, so could this be the reasons why some people are saying my video is too bright?

Nick Hiltgen December 19th, 2005 09:58 PM

I believe that's correct for NTSC but the HD spectrum is supposedly 0-110 ire so perhaps it won't make a difference. As far bright footage goes, one thing that people always told me was, shoot just a little bit under exposed (it's easier to pull information out of shadows then it is to add information that's blown out), but to be honest I've enjoyed your footage, the only problem I had with it was getting it on a computer that could play it back!

Kaku Ito December 20th, 2005 01:40 AM

Thanks.

I got little spoiled with CMOS HC1 and A1 that I don't have to worry about ND filters. But I will make sure I take time to setup the brightness right and use black stretch and Knee control.

I'm getting informations that the cam will be out on 27th or 29th. Not sure which one is correct.