DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   P2 Store: is it Mac compatible? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/56445-p2-store-mac-compatible.html)

Paul Lohbauer December 19th, 2005 08:48 PM

P2 Store: is it Mac compatible?

The Panasonic site mentions that the P2 Store can hook up to your pc and lists some pc drivers...it doesn't say anything about downloading files to your Mac.

I asssume that it will work with Macs, does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Paul

Heath McKnight December 19th, 2005 09:20 PM

Yes! In Final Cut Pro 5, it already has presets for P2, and Apple and Panasonic have had a long, great relationship with DVCPro HD.

heath

Nick Hiltgen December 19th, 2005 09:52 PM

I also believe they just released a patch today (5.0.4) that is pretty much only about intigration of p2 cards.

Heath McKnight December 19th, 2005 09:53 PM

I also hope they made it so I can see HDV on my playback monitor.

heath

Kaku Ito December 19th, 2005 11:10 PM

Ah, just in time.

The Panasonic personel that was demonstrating the P2/Power Book integration was saying that Panasonic okayed the software update on FCP5 to work with P2 at the time of InterBEE.

So, I guess I'm all ready for it.

Heath McKnight December 19th, 2005 11:14 PM

Kaku,

I wish I had your access to cameras!

heath

Kaku Ito December 20th, 2005 01:34 AM

One of my main job is providing Mac based NLE system. I gather my spare time to offer my interests like music and mountainbiking to be shot for our systems demo use. I'm changing the camera every year, so I won't be able to learn really good but at least I have broad knowledge in usage of each cams. So, I'm selling the HC1 and FX1, holding on to A1 to buy HVX200. Oh, I kept one GS400 for my sales guys to play around.

Actually, you probably wish my access to NLE and DAW because I'm more equipped with post production stuff because that is my job.

Jemore Santos December 20th, 2005 05:13 AM

Hey Kaku, Where is your store? I'm also in Tokyo and would love to drop by, I have been to places like shirakura and system 5 and bought my HD100 at videokin, get back to me...cheers

Kaku Ito December 20th, 2005 06:03 AM

Hi,

I'm in Shibuya, upstairs of famous vietonamese restaurant called Y. Saigon.
http://creativesuite.com

Jemore Santos December 20th, 2005 06:33 AM

I'll be sure to drop by in the next couple of weeks, when the Xmas holidays are in, I need to by some equipment in the near future, It's pretty costly to start up a video business these days. But I will drop by and say hi sometime, I work in Harajuku so it isn't that far.

Kaku Ito December 20th, 2005 08:33 AM

I go to Harajuku all the time. Many of my clips are shot in Yoyogi Park, too. We are working until 28th, start working from Jan. 4th. We are rather office setup instead of store, so please call or email us before you drop in.

Paul Lohbauer December 20th, 2005 09:52 AM

Thanks everyone for your immediate and helpful responses!

Paul

Paul Lohbauer December 20th, 2005 10:50 AM

Update: P2 Store may not be compatible with Macs

I just called Spec-Comm to amend my HVX200 order and was cautioned that currently, there is no definitive answer from Panasonic if their 60 GB P2 Store device is compaptible with Macs.

P2 cards themselves can be read by the Mac laptops, but the P2 Store device may not be recognized. It may have something to do with the USB only interface.

I decided not to oder it and stuck with the pakage that included the 5 4GB P2 cards.

Paul

Heath McKnight December 20th, 2005 10:56 AM

On the plus side, you don't remove the cards, just hook up a laptop and an inexpensive firewire drive, then dump your video off. On the negative side, you're still only getting around 20 or so minutes at a time.

heath

Paul Lohbauer December 20th, 2005 11:17 AM

I do like the option to dump the cards directly to a firewire drive very much. I can see that being very useful in the field.

Paul