HVX200 desert footage??? Guy with guitar etc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HVX200 desert footage??? Guy with guitar etc

Barry

I was reviewing the footage that you guys shot out in the desert with the
guy and guitar. Also the footage of the people in the kitchen area. This material as I said before was some of the best I have seen along with Illya's and Bens material.

Barry, where there any special settings. I remember you saying the sharpness was at 0.

What gamma settings did you use?

It was 720p as well not 1080?

Was there any grading done to the footage or did it come straight from camera and spliced together and off to .wmv file that we all have seen?

It's looks awesome that is for sure!

pappas
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 04:23 AM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

Jay Nemeth was the cinematographer on that, and he addressed the settings on DVXUser. I believe he said that the sharpness was at -3, and the master pedestal may have been dropped down a little, perhaps -5. The gamma curve was cine_like_v, if I'm not mistaken, although it could have been cine_like_d.

I would have liked to experiment more with the settings, but we didn't even have a monitor with us. That was all done using just the camera's LCD.

Absolutely no work was done in post. No color correction, no grading, no anything. The footage at DV Expo was raw 1080/24p straight off the cards, edited in a cuts-only timeline and output back to DVCPRO-HD tape for exhibition, so it's exactly what the camera shot.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 04:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Barry!

It was 1080p, I didn't know that. The material looks great. No grading, wow! Do you know if we will get to see uploads of raw 1080 like the recent ucla game posts of raw 720.

BTW...
DVXuser has been down tonight for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green
Jay Nemeth was the cinematographer on that, and he addressed the settings on DVXUser. I believe he said that the sharpness was at -3, and the master pedestal may have been dropped down a little, perhaps -5. The gamma curve was cine_like_v, if I'm not mistaken, although it could have been cine_like_d.

I would have liked to experiment more with the settings, but we didn't even have a monitor with us. That was all done using just the camera's LCD.

Absolutely no work was done in post. No color correction, no grading, no anything. The footage at DV Expo was raw 1080/24p straight off the cards, edited in a cuts-only timeline and output back to DVCPRO-HD tape for exhibition, so it's exactly what the camera shot.
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:11 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pappas
DVXuser has been down tonight for some reason.
Yeah, it appears that posting high-def footage of cheerleaders shaking their booties has kind of overwhelmed the servers... who could have predicted that? :)

I thought Jarred had already posted raw codec stuff of the 1080?
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 03:26 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Yeah, it appears that posting high-def footage of cheerleaders shaking their booties has kind of overwhelmed the servers... who could have predicted that? :)
Note to self: begin "Bikini Carwash 11" treatment.
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
I thought Jarred had already posted raw codec stuff of the 1080?

I don't believe he posted the desert/guitar one in raw 1080.

There was the 1080 raw footage of the bar scene for a very brief time.
The file size was 427MB
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders