It's coming today - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 29th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #136
Regular Crew

People have to understand that hosting big file is costly. http://hvx200.moctel.com costed me 50$ just for 10hours of operation. That is over 1500$ per month.

I will have to discontinue this, or make a pay per transfered done. No one will host those huge file for free, and if it cost 50cent per gig of transfer, I wont have any problem pay for a few buck for having highdef, uncompress video.

What about 5$ minus paypal fees (50cent I think). Then 50cent per gig, so 9gig of transfer. I'll cover the user upload cost (ofcouse, since I too want to beable to access it fast too...).

If anyone know of other way to get $ out of this so we lower the cost, Im open for sugestion.
Marc Olivier Chouinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #137
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
I'm up. Jeez, it's after 11:15am.
Man, too many posts to read up...:)
Well if you'd quit wasting valuable time sleeping... Sheesh.
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #138
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Williams
Well if you'd quit wasting valuable time sleeping... Sheesh.
I was up till 4:00am in the morning and considering what happened the night before...I'm still very sleepy. Pushing too much on 44 year old body.

Jeff moved the files to downloadible location so i will start linking them with descriptions.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:43 PM   #139
Inner Circle

Marc:

Bittorrent would be a good solution for this.
http://www.bittorrent.com/introduction.html

2- I have about 50GB of bandwidth I could donate. It actually goes up to around 100GB but the overage charge is $1/GB, so I would like to avoid that. You can click on my name and email me if you're interested.

Some web hosts oversell their bandwidth, so you can take advantage of that. Just pay attention to the overage charges.

powweb.com seems good for bandwidth, but I have no experience with them.
I have my web hosting with dreamhost.com, because it only cost me about $11 for the first year. You can get a year for ~$22 if you use the promo code BEST.

But anyways, bittorrent is likely the best if you put in the effort to figure it out.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:46 PM   #140
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
I was up till 4:00am in the morning and considering what happened the night before...I'm still very sleepy. Pushing too much on 44 year old body.

Jeff moved the files to downloadible location so i will start linking them with descriptions.
Kaku, you do know I was completely joking, right? :)

You get as much sleep as you need and don't feel too rushed to get us footage. Everyone's waited this long for footage, a few hours either way shouldn't make a big difference at this point.

By the way, I'm setting up my dedicated video editing station at this very moment, can't wait to check some of the footage out! Many thanks for the efforts.
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:50 PM   #141

IMO It looks great compressed!

Kaku,

I exported some of your footage to H264 then imported it into Sorenson and compressed it to a setting that will work for a pretty wide audience. Then exported it from Sorenson as a .flv that plays for Mac or Windows.

It looked good enough for me to pick up the phone and call Brian at ZotzDigital.com and ask him where I was on the HVX200 list.

The workflow, the look of the footage... I want this camera.

Anyway, I have a link to one of your 8 second clips that is in a FlashPlayer that should enable just about everyone to see it to get an idea of what could be exported to the web. If you wish, I can post the link. Doesn't matter to me either way... I've seen it ;)
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #142
Regular Crew

Bittorrent aint a permanent solutions... I HATE TO WAIT For bittorrents... but it an option, I ratter pay to see those footage, if I am to spend 6k$ for a camera, a 5$ for seeing sample amazing video isnt a problem. The first 3 hours took over 70gig of transfer. My cost is 46cent/gig.

Ive put 50cent because of the overhead of the packets that my download counter dont calculate, it just calculate the actual byte transfered.

If I take 4 000 gig of transfer/month, I might a few cent less, but still expensive.
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #143
Trustee

Links are added and there are more to come

I'm adding links to the description posts. Just do search in the thread with the word "Kakugyo" and it will only display my posts with clips. Thus please do not use the word Kakugyo in this thread.

Kakugyo is not my name, Kaku is my name and gyo means activity. I made up the word for title of my personal website.
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #144

We must have been typing at the same time! Nevermind :)
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM   #145
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek West
The workflow, the look of the footage... I want this camera.

Anyway, I have a link to one of your 8 second clips that is in a FlashPlayer that should enable just about everyone to see it to get an idea of what could be exported to the web. If you wish, I can post the link. Doesn't matter to me either way... I've seen it ;)
Let's see what you've come up with.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #146
Regular Crew

Kaku, your site was brought down (http://www.xtream.ne.jp/ ) to it knees because of those footage ???
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #147
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Williams
Kaku, you do know I was completely joking, right? :)

You get as much sleep as you need and don't feel too rushed to get us footage. Everyone's waited this long for footage, a few hours either way shouldn't make a big difference at this point.

By the way, I'm setting up my dedicated video editing station at this very moment, can't wait to check some of the footage out! Many thanks for the efforts.
Jeff, no matter what you tell me, joke or not joke, I'm still sleepy :).

But it's true that I have to take so much responsiblity for doing this for sure.

I'm cutting and checking the footage on my FCP5 with KONA LH and 24inch full HD pixel Nanao S2410W connected via AJA HDP to get full pixel monitoring. Nanao's response time is 8mm sec, so it is pretty good even for interlace or fast motion on 60p. Only when the fast bamboo leaves moving then it won't do well, so I have tube SD monitor on the side to check the motion. I do have real HD monitor downstairs, but now I'm working with my dedicated personal machine like you are talking about.

and so, after doing all of this, I'm glad that I migrated to HVX200, but don't take my word because my useage is very niche.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen L. Noe
Let's see what you've come up with.
Just need the OK from the main man, Kaku.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:05 PM   #149
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Olivier Chouinard
Kaku, your site was brought down (http://www.xtream.ne.jp/ ) to it knees because of those footage ???
I had a slight problem before we started, the X-serve hunged up. So I had to reboot it. It seems going to the exact download directory seems little slow right now. But I saw maximum of 20 people logged in and doing download.

My connection don't have bandwith limit. It's FTTH and we have our own server running consisting few X-serves and some G5s.

Besides one of the related site being down right now (because of the previous problem), it is quite running okay. (and I had done this before with XLH1 footage, some popular mountainbike clips and so on).

Oh, and we limited the number connection to protect the bandwith.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #150
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek West
Just need the OK from the main man, Kaku.
Derek, go ahead. Thanks. Too many posts to respond, too :)
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders