It's coming today - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 29th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #151

Chris Hurd got the footage uploaded here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=57068
- so I removed the link.

So... what is the "Family Truckster" worth?

... an inside joke to those who may remember my quest to find a HD/HDV that would be worthy of replacing the XL2 back in September: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...mily+truckster

Last edited by Guest; December 29th, 2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:17 PM   #152
Trustee

That footage looks rather weird Derek. What is the frame rate? It almost looks like there is a stutter in there and a weird motion blur. I am not judging the camera by this but this particular clips looks very "fake" 24P. Again I am not saying it is but the encoding is off or something.

Can you clarify what happened? Anyone else seeing a very weird stutter effect and odd blur?
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #153
Regular Crew

Thanks for posting the footage Derek. Marty, I am also noticing the wierd stuttering and accompanying motion blurs. The stuttering reminds me of the time I shot with an XL2 in 2:3:3:2 pulldown and looked at the viewfinder, which apparently was previewing the motion in 30p or 60i... very similar effect.
Robert Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #154

I did notice the blur in FCP 5.0.4, but thought it was just due to something Kaku was messing around with. Steev may be able to say if he saw the same thing or not. When I unzipped the file, it automatically opened up in FCP for me and I did not change any settings, as they looked like they were already set up. I've never been able to edit it this format, so I may have not set it up right. I just don't know.

Blurr thing aside, I was paying more attention to the colors and the fact that I could actually edit it, as opposed to what most Canon H1 owners are doing right now with 24F in Final Cut Pro, not through a lack of trying on their part.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #155
Major Player

It must be the conversion to Flash.
I can't beleive the HVX would really look like that. Of all companies, Panasonic is the last one to screw up 24p. They know their stuff.

and what are Canon H1 owners doing Derek? I'm kinda confused as to what you're saying. I don't want to misunderstand you.

- ShannonRawls.com
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #156
Regular Crew

I got a 1GigE available to this box... Just I pay per gig transfered, not a fixed price. As user probably saw, it fast as hell (but limited to 100mbits rightnow) still my small calc show Im never going to get a HVX200 EVER because of this, it not good...

Ok, called my friend and got a deal for bandwidth, not perfect but better. 25cent/gig transfer. So will be about 28cent/gig for actual transfer. It can only be used for this purposes and no other. Nothing confirmed but looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
I had a slight problem before we started, the X-serve hunged up. So I had to reboot it. It seems going to the exact download directory seems little slow right now. But I saw maximum of 20 people logged in and doing download.

My connection don't have bandwith limit. It's FTTH and we have our own server running consisting few X-serves and some G5s.

Besides one of the related site being down right now (because of the previous problem), it is quite running okay. (and I had done this before with XLH1 footage, some popular mountainbike clips and so on).

Oh, and we limited the number connection to protect the bandwith.
Marc Olivier Chouinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Rawls
and what are Canon H1 owners doing Derek? I'm kinda confused as to what you're saying. I don't want to misunderstand you.

- ShannonRawls.com
Not importing 24F into FCP from what I've been reading. I'm not saying anything negative abou Canon H1 owners, just that it kills me that Canon did not work a little more closely with Apple in making it work with FCP. And If anyone feels my post is too negative or offensive, I'll be happy to delete it.

Shannon, I truly appreciate all of your work over in the H1 forum, but as of now, I've only been able to read about all the great stuff it will do and have not been able to get footage and edit it in FCP. And it was easy to do so today with the stuff Kaku supplied.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #158

I'll add that I was also just able to download the footage referenced just above in line #143 (using the "Kakugyo" search term) and I did not see any of the blur in that at all.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #159
Major Player

Huh? awww man, it's all good, chillout big pimpin'. I was just tryna understand what you were saying. I didn't detect you saying anything negative my man. I just got the colors and editing in FCP thing mixed up, that's all.

I'm a PC dude, so I don't know much about the FCP workflow. Everyting is good for PC users and 24p from the XL-H1.

- ShannonRawls.com

P.S.
Final Cut Pro will be able to edit .M2T files natively right on the timeline in real-time in its next release. *shhhhhhhhh* you didn't hear that from me.
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #160
Trustee

They have both 24p and 24p advanced, so you have to treat them to make a real 24 frame clips.

Sorry, but I'm not into that much of film stuff but I made sure to have the right shutter speed for each format.

I'm posting the same scene with many formats including 24p, 24pa, 60p and 60i later.

I will do night shooting a little but it is very cold.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:50 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Rawls
Huh? awww man, it's all good, chillout big pimpin'. I was just tryna understand what you were saying. I didn't detect you saying anything negative my man.

I'm a PC dude, so I don't know much about the FCP workflow. Everyting is good for PC users and 24p from the XL-H1.

- ShannonRawls.com
- Sounds Good
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:51 PM   #162
Major Player

Kaku,

Did your cellphone survive that blow?
it was a cool shot.

- ShannonRawls.com
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #163
Regular Crew

Hey Marc thanks for sharing your space.

Why isn't Chris Hurd hosting these files anyways? Or is he also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Olivier Chouinard
People have to understand that hosting big file is costly. http://hvx200.moctel.com costed me 50$ just for 10hours of operation. That is over 1500$ per month.

I will have to discontinue this, or make a pay per transfered done. No one will host those huge file for free, and if it cost 50cent per gig of transfer, I wont have any problem pay for a few buck for having highdef, uncompress video.

What about 5$ minus paypal fees (50cent I think). Then 50cent per gig, so 9gig of transfer. I'll cover the user upload cost (ofcouse, since I too want to beable to access it fast too...).

If anyone know of other way to get $ out of this so we lower the cost, Im open for sugestion.
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 09:58 PM   #164
Regular Crew

Chris posted them a bit ago:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=57068

Man, this thread is moving quickly! ;) My gmail indicator keeps beeping like mad!
Robert Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #165
Obstreperous Rex

Read the thread... I just got in (to Dallas that is) from the road... will be home tomorrow night.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders