It's coming today - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 1st, 2006, 09:39 AM   #181
Inner Circle

Michael,

I had same registration problem. In my case it seemed my password was too short. It seems it must be 6 characters.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 09:45 AM   #182
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman
Michael,

I had same registration problem. In my case it seemed my password was too short. It seems it must be 6 characters.
Ah, that is not described in English, I would add that soon.
Thanks Craig.

I'm adding one clip right now with one kid playing around with his new mini lite-saber with his dad in front of Kiddyland in Harajuku. Somewhat dark.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:33 AM   #183
Trustee

many night time clips are added at xtream.ne.jp. Chirs, if you like them, you can transfer them to your ftp.
Old January 1st, 2006, 01:22 PM   #184
Regular Crew

Thanks for the footage Kaku...

Downloaded it here... unzipped it and straight into FCP5 on my 15"G4 powerbook and playback perfect.

It's eyeopening for me to see the clarity in the Cinema Desktop mode... all off a standard internal drive!

I think the curtains are being rised on something big!

Lee
Lee Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 01:42 PM   #185
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
many night time clips are added at xtream.ne.jp. Chirs, if you like them, you can transfer them to your ftp.
Great, see you put the descriptions for the other clips too, Im mirroring all that.
I can't wait to beable to play them out on my PC lol ;)
Marc Olivier Chouinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 10:51 PM   #186
Trustee

yeah, it's a lot of work. My eyes are killing me since my eyes are suffering from presbyopia and on top of that, I had a tiny metal piece poke my left eyeball few months ago and made it really worse.

Anyhow, I posted a lot more ay my site including various DVCPRO50 formats.

Marc, will the donation give you enough to cover the expenses? Please let me know because I want to know for the future references. My company's server is holding up since I set it through registration scheme to control the traffic.

Lee,
I'm glad that it is working for you.
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:24 PM   #187
Regular Crew

Kaku, thanks for all your work!

I had a little 3D tracking fun with a section of one of your biking clips over at dvxuser and though you might like to see it, here's the thread...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=42411

Or, a direct link to the QT I made (8megs)...

http://ftp.datausa.com/imageshoppe/o..._vrs_ROBOT.mov

The HVX provides a MUCH better source for tracking than the Z1... less barrel distortion on the wide angle range of the lens, and the DVCPRO codec beats HDV hands down in frame to frame tracking.

Regards,

Jim Arthurs
Jim Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:27 PM   #188
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
my eyes are suffering from presbyopia
Ack. This is my new nemesis as well. I really hate presbyopia. Not only is it incredibly annoying, it also means that I am not a young man anymore, not by a long shot.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:29 PM   #189

That's nice Jim! If I did not know it from your post I would have thought it was real. I would have thought it was some sort of movie prop in the middle of the street to promote one of the latest releases or something like that.
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:36 PM   #190
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Arthurs

I had a little 3D tracking fun with a section of one of your biking clips over at dvxuser and though you might like to see it, here's the thread...

The HVX provides a MUCH better source for tracking than the Z1... less barrel distortion on the wide angle range of the lens, and the DVCPRO codec beats HDV hands down in frame to frame tracking.

Regards,

Jim Arthurs

Ah, Jim, it's you, I saw your post not wanting to watch me doing the figure 8 in front of my office. That concept is to do the comparisons between the cam and it was the easiest way to get help from my wife to show people something so please understand the situation. My wife is always being alone living here in Japan, not being able to get around by herself because she does not have confidence going around by herself, and often she feels sick getting out but by having her shooting cams with me give her things to do. I'm putting our lives, work, interests, education and my leasure time all together to do this, so I hope you understand my situation. Yes, I'm lucky in the way that I was able to establish what I like to do for living, but it took more than 17 years to do that. I have short comming in my shooting technics but I have access to many things to provide infos and evidences to broadcast. I even hesitated to do this because of your post, but ample of people here encouraged me that they can still figure out the quality of camera even with my limited ability of shooting video. So, I hope I served you better this time and thank you very much for using my clips to do your testing :). That is great. I loved what you did with it!
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:41 PM   #191
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Ack. This is my new nemesis as well. I really hate presbyopia. Not only is it incredibly annoying, it also means that I am not a young man anymore, not by a long shot.

Sadly I'm in the same boat. Nothing like a little blurry vision to remind one that we're not immortal.

PS: Kaku, thanks for all your work over the past several days in regards to the HVX and thanks to everybody else who posted. I'm a "production" person in film not a techie, without all the mostly unbiased info here on dv info net, I would still feel like a little fish drowning in a big techie sea.

Happy New Year's to all out there...on planet earth and beyond.

Jipsi K.
Jipsi Kinnear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 12:25 AM   #192
Regular Crew

Quote:
Ah, Jim, it's you, I saw your post not wanting to watch me doing the figure 8 in front of my office.
Thanks Kaku... that post months ago on dvxuser was done more in frustration, fearing that Panasonic wouldn't first make available pro clips of the HVX in a polished production similar to what Canon did with "The Watchmaker" and is not a reflection on your work.

You have provided a set of first eyes on these cameras, and invaluable help for others trying to make decisions. I'm pretty sure you're at least half responsible for me getting the Z1 based off of the quality of your bike clips, and now with the HVX you're reassuring my mind on this purchase decision as well.

Thanks again, and I hope you keep doing what you do with each new camera that comes out. Taking the time to share your experiences is valuable to many. The video you provided from the expo with hands on the HVX was very helpful as well! I must have watched it four or five times.

With regards,

Jim Arthurs
Jim Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 01:00 AM   #193
Regular Crew

Nice work Jim. What 3d sw? I use EIAS and Silo!

Quote:

Regards,

Jim Arthurs
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 01:01 AM   #194
Regular Crew

Nice work Jim. What 3d sw did you use? I use EIAS and Silo!

Quote:

Regards,

Jim Arthurs
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 01:24 AM   #195
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pappas
Nice work Jim. What 3d sw did you use? I use EIAS and Silo!
Thanks Michael... I used Icarus (now called PFTrack) and Lightwave with a stock model to do the 3D... radiosity rendered with a plugin called FPrime. Composited in After Effects. Took a couple hours from start to finish, with only about 40 minutes to render the element at 960 by 720.

Originally I was just going to try the raw track and lay down a simple grid, then the track turned out nice and I started adding stuff...

I hear good things about Silo.

The HVX is gonna be a huge boon for a personal HD camera... can't wait to try a greenscreen shot!

Jim Arthurs
Jim Arthurs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders