Kaku's HVX200 clips for downloading (Mac) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 30th, 2005, 05:58 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Make the same shot once without and for another time with the highest gain.
Robert Niemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 06:07 AM   #32
Trustee

Good idea Robert.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 07:34 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Dof

Thanks Kaku,
I posted all ur info on Sumi-san's BBS,
Also, I've checked almost all your footage, Looks great.
I like to use my FCP-HD to analyze your clip.
60p is so useful and even I tried 4 times slow down, looks great.
I love to use with steadicam.
1080p, I like to see more depth of field test.
let us know,

thanks again
Chosei Funahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #34
Trustee

Mr. Funahara,

Many thanks for reporting the scoops from here at Sumi-san's site.
I can't even keep up with providing Japanese information (in my own language) because the demand from the world is so much!!

I will try to do glidecam (V8) when I go do the bike field in Makuhari in few days.

Please wait for DOF stuff, I have to think of something.

I almost thought of calling up Mr. Toru Kogure for cooperation....but he must be busy....can't bother him I think....but maybe I should.
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:57 AM   #35
Wrangler

Kaku,

Once again the first footage from the latest camera comes from Kaku!

I enjoyed it, thanks...

Nice to see the neighborhood again.

I especially enjoyed seeing the cell phone fall out of his pocket in 60p, bounce off the bike and explode on the ground.

Frederic
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #36
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic Haubrich
Kaku,

Once again the first footage from the latest camera comes from Kaku!

I enjoyed it, thanks...

Nice to see the neighborhood again.

I especially enjoyed seeing the cell phone fall out of his pocket in 60p, bounce off the bike and explode on the ground.

Frederic
Yes, it's a new trick called Cellphone whip! Not.

Thank you for your encouragement my friend!
Old December 30th, 2005, 09:48 AM   #37

Thanks to Kaku for taking the time to shoot and distribute this footage and to Chris Hurd for the bandwidth space to provide this footage to all of us! I'm downloading the last files now and they all look great.
Old December 30th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Is it me, or no Mac User gave any h264 or other option for the windows user ? Mac user are really the worst user friendly out there ;) Excluding Kaku ofcourse who have to spend his precious time shooting those video.

Ive tryed extracting the dvcpro hd video to raw file than try other dvcpro hd decoder and it didnt work. It like if the Mac produced dvcpro HD is not correctly created (Which wouldnt surprise me). I can't wait for the day that Mac die first, then Windows die so Linux or other nice opensource os prevail !!! :)

Hope to see a Windows user who sadly own a Mac at the same time to convert the files, mouhaha
Marc Olivier Chouinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 12:33 PM   #39
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Olivier Chouinard
Is it me, or no Mac User gave any h264 or other option for the windows user ? Mac user are really the worst user friendly out there ;) Excluding Kaku ofcourse who have to spend his precious time shooting those video.

Ive tryed extracting the dvcpro hd video to raw file than try other dvcpro hd decoder and it didnt work. It like if the Mac produced dvcpro HD is not correctly created (Which wouldnt surprise me). I can't wait for the day that Mac die first, then Windows die so Linux or other nice opensource os prevail !!! :)

Hope to see a Windows user who sadly own a Mac at the same time to convert the files, mouhaha
Marc,

Did you see this?

and how did my H.264 file work for you?
Old December 30th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Hi nope didnt saw it, Thanks alot for uploading this, I'll load it up into avid hd ;)

the h264 work in VideoLan.org, my favorite video player.

I guess you can get it for mac too and see the result with it, it should be the same on a windows user.
Old December 30th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Only detail I forgot to specify is that my laptop aint powerfull ennuf to play it... I guess it time I put my Dual Xeon 3.06ghz back in Windows so I can start playing with those files. (I originated got this box to edit DV video, but soon realised it was just premiere what processor intensive, moved to avid and I was back on my laptop.

If I can open the P2 file in avid, I'll make a WMV HD video. at 8Mbits/sec, should look very nice
Old December 30th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Hi Kaku,

Sorry I missed your question. I got offline after my post. Most important to shoot clean @ 0db ; as well try the other gain settings for the same shots if possible.

Kaku can you do the same Panoramic city shot your did and stationary shot that you did with the H1. As well the pier/bay shots with the H1.

Very important to film some of those same shots that you got with the H1 so I and others can compare side by side footage from both cameras.

Again, Kaku thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
Michael,

I'm going for the night shooting for a bit soon.

Should I keep the gain to zero all the time? Or do you folks want to see the gain up for certain situation?
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 01:11 PM   #43
Trustee

Planning to do the Makuhari panoramic shot maybe with Jemore/HC100 together. Hope this happens, so I can ride my bike there a bit too.
Old December 30th, 2005, 01:20 PM   #44
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
Planning to do the Makuhari panoramic shot maybe with Jemore/HC100 together. Hope this happens, so I can ride my bike there a bit too.

How many clips have you put up so far, I'm trying to keep track. 15 clips correct, minus the h.264 clip.
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #45
Trustee

Something like that. Oh, also the raw archive of P2 content is up, but maybe not open to public yet.

I had shot some tonight. Some came out okay.
24p at 1/24 is good even in the night with little light and gain at zero. I will post more tomorrow.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders