Kaku's HVX200 clips for downloading (Mac) - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:01 AM   #91
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
and what do you suggest the V detail to be?
Unfortunately that's one parameter that's not working on my prerelease HVX, so I can't advise you as I haven't seen it in action. I can say that on the DVX it was a pretty minor effect, there wasn't a tremendous amount of difference between minimum and maximum. If the HVX is similar, then it shouldn't matter too much where you set it.

The thing is, DETAIL LVL adds electronic sharpening (white halos around black edges, etc) and V_DETAIL_LVL doesn't; it adjusts the contrast between lines, but doesn't actually paint in new lines. So it's nowhere near as important a setting as DETAIL LVL is.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 03:06 AM   #92
Trustee

Thanks Barry,

I'm posting some DVCPRO50 files as MXF files (wether these file alone would work of Windows users, I don't know) in details being zero and negative five, neews gamma on and off, 60i and 24p, room light on and off.

I hope this helps for PC users.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 02:14 PM   #93
Trustee

Hi Kaku,

I am not sure if someone else suggested before, why not wmv format?

TIA

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Thanks Barry,

I'm posting some DVCPRO50 files as MXF files (wether these file alone would work of Windows users, I don't know) in details being zero and negative five, neews gamma on and off, 60i and 24p, room light on and off.

Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:01 PM   #94
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Thanks Barry,

From what I understand, Pinnacle Liquid users should be able to import those files directly and then export .WMV files for those who don't have MXF-aware editing programs.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:16 PM   #95
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Wanstead
Hi Kaku,

I am not sure if someone else suggested before, why not wmv format?

TIA

Regards
Leigh
I simply don't have knowledge in transcode the video to wmv (my work has been concentrated in Mac platform) and it's going to be too much time for me to transcode to unfamilier codec. As it is now, I'm putting other obligations on the side and doing this. My goal here is to provide my clips as raw as possible. Hoping that we find someone that contineously provide conversions to wmv files at reasonable quality and do that part from us.

It's waaay too much work. Lucky it was new years vacation in Japan.
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:31 PM   #96
Trustee

I understand Kaku.
You've been VERY helpful !

Thanks for posting the HVX files.
They are VERY helpful for all of us.

I'm looking forward to the HVX.

thxs,Steve
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 09:39 PM   #97
Inner Circle

I have Telestream Flip4Mac so I can encode WMVHD. I did a couple of tests and unfortunately I can see the compression even at 4Mbps. I can do it but it doesn't show the camera at its best.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 10:07 PM   #98
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman
I have Telestream Flip4Mac so I can encode WMVHD. I did a couple of tests and unfortunately I can see the compression even at 4Mbps. I can do it but it doesn't show the camera at its best.
Hi Craig,

That is fine. It is better than nothing. I look forward to it.

TIA

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:09 AM   #99
Major Player

Right on.
So just encode it at 12 Mbps , like other HD sized footage is encoded.
Problem solved.
-Les

Quote:
Les Dit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:25 AM   #100
Trustee

Quote:
Craig,

Just cut my clips short and convert it with say, 20mbps which si D-VHS quality or digital broadcast quality, so people can see how these files look like on such situation.

Being responsible like how you mentioned, down to 4Mbps and show the compression, is the right kind of attitude towards such work.
Old January 4th, 2006, 12:27 PM   #101
Regular Crew

how do i get the 60p clip (yugoceltap60p.mov) to act as over cranked? do i use cinema tools? right now it's just 60 frames a second, it's not slow motion...
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 12:35 PM   #102
Regular Crew

ok i figured it out... just had to reverse telecine the footage and convert it to 23.98.... it looks awesome. Slow Motion... finally no stupid frame blending... I would like to see 60p with a high shutter speed now... with no motion blur...
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #103
Regular Crew

Was this footage shot with the cinewave gamma curve? It doesn't look film like. My canon xl2 produces better flesh tones than this. Maybe I was waiting for a varicam type image.. but 1/3 chip CCD, well what do i expect...
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #104
Regular Crew

I would really love to see so 60p footage with a HIGH shutter speed, actually the fastest if you can... glass breaking or something dramatic? Watching 60p footage with motion blur is something you don't see a lot of... the goal of slow motion footage is detail on every frame. I would have to see this footage if I was ever to buy this camera. Because right now I am not impressed.

Last edited by Cassidy Bisher; January 4th, 2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old January 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #105
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
I would really love to see so 60p footage with a HIGH shutter speed, actually the fastest if you can...
60p with about a 1/1000 shutter speed:
http://www.dvxuser3.com/glass/Glass.Xwmv
http://www.dvxuser3.com/glass/Glass.Xmp4

(obviously when you download the files, remove the "X" after the period so they become glass.wmv or glass.mp4)
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders