Kaku's HVX200 clips for downloading (Mac) - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 5th, 2006, 08:37 AM   #106
Regular Crew

Barry, yea that looks nice... are there any more of these else where?
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #107
Major Player

Transcoding these clips...

Just a few notes on how to make these clips available to everyone easily...

I have a 1GHz G4 w/FCP 5 and a P4 2.8GHz... the clips won't play full frame rate on my Mac so I exported them using QT Pro to full resolution full frame rate QT movies using Motion JPEG at almost 100%. This plays on my PC but still not at full frame rate (but at least I can see them on a PC). The quality may be a little less (it's not that much worse actually) but you can still see the contrast range and other important details of the footage.

I also exported the 1280x720 60p clip to MPEG4 codec at full 1280x720 and 60p (16000 kilobits/sec) and it played beautifully on my PC using VLC... seeing 60p at that res is something else. I'd post these files but I don't have the bandwidth. H264 is just too compute intensive for my machines both on the encode and decode side, especially for 60p.

I'm simply adding this post as an example of what can be done to make these clips viewable more easily if you don't have access to DVCPro codecs.

I would post some clips but I simply don't have the bandwidth.
Wes Vasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #108
Trustee

Ok. I finally got FCP installed on my MAC-MINI and I downloaded one of Kaku's MXF files to play with. I can't load it? Is there a different file I need to download? I wanted to see how FCP converted from MXf to QT but I guess I am missing a step or something.

Thanks!
Marty
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 02:35 PM   #109

Marty,

Where did you download the file from? When I downloaded them, they were in a zipped file. If you have a brand new Mac Mini you may need to download a program that opens zipped files. I like StuffIt. They have a free version at http://www.stuffit.com.

When I downloaded the footage it came zipped. Then I double clicked on it and it "unstuffed" a .mov file. The .mov file is what I watch and/or import into FCP.

Hope this helps.
Old January 6th, 2006, 02:39 PM   #110
Trustee

Derek ....thanks but that's not it. I have stuffit expander already and the .mov files are okay. I wanted to experiment with the P2 image to see the entire workflow. I am not sure how to do that. I have a folder on the MAC desktop with all of the contents of the P2 card he posted but I don't know how to get it into FCP.
Old January 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #111
Trustee

Okay...i figured it out part way. I pointed FCP at the folder.......it showed me thumbnails of 2 clips.....I import all and it says it failed because both clips are corrupt or incomplete......Now what???
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #112

Marty,

I would go to:
http://www.xtream.ne.jp/component/op.../limitstart,0/

First you will have to register. Then go to the download section and download one of the clips. See what happens with it and we'll go from there.

Did you download the clips originally to your PC and then transfer them to your mac or did you download them directly to your mac?

On your importing to FCP question.
Open FCP
In the upper left corner click "File"
Then choose Import > Files
Navigate to where Kaku's clip is and choose it.

The file should then appear in your FCP browser panel.
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #113
Trustee

Thanks Derek.....I got the file from Kaku's site already. I am specifically referring to the P2 image....not the .mov files. I'll try again in a bit.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders