News for Aussies.... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 25th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #31
Major Player

Hi Joe,

Panasonic actually have quite good after sales service, some of the best there is...

My gripe with then now is them limiting some features on this new model which definitely should be part of the HVX200...
James Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:16 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini
Isn't dictating a set price illegal? I know they can have a "recommended" a retail price at least.
well canon were apparently taken to the ACCC about the price fixing issues as well as the "prefered" dealers.. (ie delaer exclusivity for teh XL2. being that only somethign like 6 dealers in each state were given the cameras to sell))
but i dont know what the situation was.. either that or it was a rumour, but i doubt it
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Darren
Hi Joe,

Panasonic actually have quite good after sales service, some of the best there is...

My gripe with then now is them limiting some features on this new model which definitely should be part of the HVX200...
Rexel used to do all teh Panasonic stuff, but thats now changed. panasonic have taken the reigns of thier own gear now, and i have to say with the price of teh HVX, im glad they did. By Xmas, itll be down to about 8000 street price...
More than likely when the SMPTE conference was on (july 05), the unit WOULD have been anything between 12 and 15k if it went through rexel (this was the estimated price at the time of SMPTE anyway)
But Pana took it over and cut the middle man.. saving us cash..
I cant comment on panasonics after market support, but i DO know they look after their Pro clients VERY VERY well, as this is a major MAJOR cash making element of the business.. think about it.. there wil be studios out there hiring the Varicam, and using their HVX units as second and third units... if they dont look after these clients, do u think these clients will ever hire let alone buy panasonic gear ever again... ?
If the unit isnt under warranty, then i can understand their point of view, but if it is, then troubleshooting ANY problem is the first thing you should do anyway...

As for this 50/60hz issue, i can see where youre coming from, but Pana WONT do this.. not yet anyway.. maybe in a firmware update..
It would encourage grey market importation. I can tell you now that pana WILL NOT support ANY camera imported without Panas badge on it..
If u bought it in yourself, and it dies, tough cookies.. they wont want to know about it. they did it with the DVX, and theyll do it with this..
I dont like it one bit, but they dont have a choice.. the only way theyll cntinue to support the product is if they sell it.. but if nones buying it, what use is there to keep the shop doors open?
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders