Waiting for yours? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 31st, 2006, 02:33 PM   #61
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik
That might still be worthy of a beating!

Damn! What was I thinking pre-ordering in Novemember?
Tax write off. :D
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:39 PM   #62
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev Dinkins
Tax write off. :D
Good point. Still I'd rather have it in my grubby little hands right this minute and not have the write off until next year. It was hard to be patient in the first place but hearing all these reports of people getting it and they ordered well after me has just kicked my impatience level up a few notches.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:50 PM   #63
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik
hearing all these reports of people getting it and they ordered well after me has just kicked my impatience level up a few notches.
I hear ya. I don't think I mentioned this, but I called BH on Sunday to actually cancel and find the camera in stock somewhere else faster, and that's when they said, "Sir, it says it's in stock and about to ship. Do you still want to cancel?" HELLZ NO!!! Ship That Sucka!

So I mention this because it could very well be that other smaller distributors may have it sooner. I emailed 50 distributors across the US and a number of them reported shipments coming in this week without all units being pre-ordered. Yes - "leftovers".
Old February 1st, 2006, 12:20 AM   #64
Go Go Godzilla

Now there's a new snag, there doesn't seem to be any P2 cards out there. I've got my HVX but no cards and all the retailers I've talked to are saying the same thing: Got bodies, no cards and it's unclear when they're coming.

My retailer says cards are now on "manual allocation". So, while this mish-mash of availability continues I'm going to capture directly to a Powerbook with an external drive and get things rolling.
Old February 1st, 2006, 01:27 AM   #65
Regular Crew

Well I also preordered from EVS in Early DEC - high above 150 in line.
Phil Hover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 02:12 AM   #66
Regular Crew

You've got alot of waiting to do then. =P
Nikial Kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:11 AM   #67
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane
I'm going to capture directly to a Powerbook with an external drive and get things rolling.
Tell us that goes. Length of cable, settings for the cam and FCP.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 08:40 AM   #68
Go Go Godzilla

David,

I'm actually creating a new post today on just that topic: My FCP/Powerbook capture setup. Look for it on this board this morning.
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:48 AM   #69
Regular Crew

Jan has mentioned in other threads and sites that the HVX shipments are ramping up, and bottlenecks are resolved. She said we should be seeing a leap up in numbers coming in to the US. I have extra 4GB cards at EVS if people need them. We got a bunch, and since the 8GB card prices have plummeted, many of my customers are opting to wait for them. Meaning there are leftover 4GB cards : ) Call any of my guys (Ramzi, Tommy, Randy) and ask for one if you need it. Forum price is $624.95.

24 hours of educational video on 16 DVDs, focused on filmmaking savvy, examples, demonstrations, and tips.
Learn Scriptwriting, Formatting, Editing, Camera Operation, Lighting, Exposure, Audio, and Directing.
Rush Hamden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders