Waiting for yours? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:43 AM   #1
Go Go Godzilla

Waiting for yours?

For US-buyers waiting for their HVX to ship:

I pre-ordered mine from B&H knowing that none of my local shops were going to carry it immediately.

According to Jan from Panasonic, the units were overnighted to US retailers (don't know which ones) on the 29th. I placed my order with B&H on the 30th. As of yesterday (1-2-06) I was 5th in-line for the "kit" (body + 2 8gb P2 cards).

B&H says that they probably won't start shipping units until end of this week or beginning of next depending on how quickly they get the units into their inventory system.

If you've also pre-ordered from B&H you need to call the customer service number and make sure you're on "the list". Apparently, simply pre-ordering does not automatically put you on the first-to-ship list - I don't know why, that's just what I was told.

Hope this helps those who are on pins and needles waiting for theirs.

To Chris Hurd: If you think it would be helpful at all, I could post a review of my version of first impressioins when I get mine. My HVX will be used in production later this month as soon as I can put mine through a shake-down test.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:50 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Robert, do I think it would be helpful? Heck yeah! Please also consider taking some still photos of your baby on the set; these sort of visual images always do a lot to flesh out a written review. Many thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:57 AM   #3
Go Go Godzilla

You got it, Chris.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:29 AM   #4
Major Player

So, there are 8 Gb p2 cards available?
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:56 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Saraceno
So, there are 8 Gb p2 cards available?
According to Rush at EVS and the guys at Zotz, not until sometime late next month... Just an estimate I think.
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:59 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane
I placed my order with B&H on the 30th. As of yesterday (1-2-06) I was 5th in-line for the "kit" (body + 2 8gb P2 cards).

How is it that you placed your order LAST FRIDAY and you are 5th in line?? My man at Samy's Camera told me his list is so short that he could count on two hands how many is on it and that If I pay him now (at a discounted price), I would easily get my HVX200 on their first shipment this month.....

However this is what's confusing me....

.....people at DVXUSER are talking about how they are number 186th in line????

Ok....Somebody's lying about here. *stroking my chin* Is Samy lying just to get me to pre-purchase one and hold my money up till February when my number is finally called? Is B&H Lying about what number you are Robert and you're really going to have to wait until March to get your camera because it's in high demand? Or are the HVX fanatics at DVXUSER lying about what they claim to be pre-ordering just to seem cool to their online buddies or make it seem like there are more people who want the HVX-200 then there really is?

Where can I get it for a nice price? I begged and pleaded for 30 minutes to get even $5 off my XL-H1 and they were like "HELL NO". lol Basically making it seem like this camera is so hot that they don't have to sell it for less. However they are throwing HVX savings coupons at me like it's no big deal.
All a brutha want is to get a camera at a good price. Nobody seems to have one besides Kaku in Japan. What's going on?

- ShannonRawls.com
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:05 PM   #7
Rextilleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Rawls
How is it that you placed your order LAST FRIDAY and you are 5th in line?? My man at Samy's Camera told me his list is so short that he could count on two hands how many is on it and that If I pay him now (at a discounted price), I would easily get my HVX200 on their first shipment this month.....

However this is what's confusing me....

.....people at DVXUSER are talking about how they are number 186th in line????

Ok....Somebody's lying about here. *stroking my chin* Is Samy lying just to get me to pre-purchase one? Is B&H Lying about what number you are Robert? Or are the HVX fanatics at DVXUSER lying about what they claim to be pre-ordering just to seem cool to their online buddies.

Where can I get it for a nice price? I begged and pleaded for 30 minutes to get even $5 off my XL-H1 and they were like "HELL NO". lol Basically making it seem like this camera is so hot that they don't have to sell it for less. However they are throwing HVX savings coupons at me like it ain't nuthin'.
All a brutha want is to get a camera at a good price. Nobody seems to have one besides Kaku in Japan. What's going on?

- ShannonRawls.com
Maybe he was 6th because he ordered the camera with the two 8gb cards and most people are availing themselves of different configurations. Who knows---only the Shadow Knows.
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:29 PM   #8
Major Player

This is gonna make me crazy.
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM   #9
Go Go Godzilla

I'm checking on the P2 card issue. If I come up with anything I'll let the forum know.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM   #10
Major Player

http://www.dvxuser.com/V3/showthread.php?t=42583
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM   #11
Regular Crew

EVS has this free list, which every dreamer can get on it - so the line is as long as a Blackfriday line.... that doesnt mean they are going to BUY it when it comes out....

As far as I have seen, Spec Comm has the cheapest deal....
$5400 gets u:
free insured shipping ($65),
free extra battery (which they claim is $199, but lets peg it at $65)
$200 off of Cineporter....

No I dont work for them... but I have researched it to death :) My spreadsheet tells me... they beat the nearest competitor by about $330.... (5599+65+65)

They demanded a $500 non-refundable deposit.. it was a small amount, so I didnt mind....
Ram Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 03:47 PM   #12
Inner Circle

But are they also a reputable dealer?

You should check their ratings first. Don't know what the name of the site is, but you have one, I know ratings is in the name of the site, but don't know the exact adress.

Most of the times, when they beat the competition... something is fishy.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM   #13
Regular Crew

The list at EVS is that long. They are very visible on that board, maybe that is why. But as someone mentioned, you can call around to other places that are still Panasonic dealers and end up being 6 on a list.
Jim Exton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:50 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere
But are they also a reputable dealer?

You should check their ratings first. Don't know what the name of the site is, but you have one, I know ratings is in the name of the site, but don't know the exact adress.

Most of the times, when they beat the competition... something is fishy.
Spec-Comm is an authorized Panasonic dealer. The website you may be thinking of is resellerratings.com?
Jim Exton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM   #15
Go Go Godzilla

The only person who is part of this forum that can answer these questions about availability (that I know of) is Jan from Panasonic.

I know Jan monitors these threads, so I'd like not to cease speculation and wait for an answer from the manufacturers rep.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders