CitiDISK HD FOR HVX200 coming at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

CitiDISK HD FOR HVX200 coming

WOW that looks to be awesome.

The question is, do I need P2 then for any reason?

pappas

CitiDISK HD is coming
The CitiDISK HD, a Firewire based external hard disk Digital Video Recorder for the new Panasonic AG-HVX200 P2 based hand-held high definition solid-state memory camcorder. CitiDISK HD records DVCPRO100 HD, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO25 and DV from respectively equipped video cameras.
CDHD-80: $999, CitiDISK HD 80 Gigabyte Digital Video Recorder providing 90 minutes of DVCPRO100, 180 minutes of DVCPRO50 or 360 minutes of DV25 recording time.
CDHD-100: $1099, CitiDISK HDV 100 Gigabyte Digital Video Recorder providing 115 minutes of DVCPRO100, 230 minutes of DVCPRO50 or 450 minutes of DV25 recording time.
CDHD-120: $1199, CitiDISK HDV 120 Gigabyte Digital Video Recorder providing 135 minutes of DVCPRO100, 270 minutes of DVCPRO50 or 540 minutes of DV25 recording time.
Available on January 30, 2006.

More
http://www.shining.com/products/tota...n/citidisk_hd/

http://www.shining.com/pdf/CitiDISK_HD_Front.pdf

http://www.shining.com/pdf/CitiDISK_HD_Back.pdf
Michael Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 06:05 PM   #2
Trustee

Probably not.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

am i missing something here?

its just a file transfer (intelligent) firewire drive...

it transfers the footage you already shot with your P2 card....

i think you would still need a P2card...

Edit: They say:
Camera-Controlled Recording With Or Without Tape
Records DV streams via camera's REC button with tape, or by CitiDISK™ HD's REC button without tape.

I donno if they mean we can record directly to CitiDisk from HVX
Ram Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 06:53 PM   #4
Trustee

From reading the PDF file it sure appears to be a capture device.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:02 PM   #5
Barry Wan Kenobi

They are positioning it as a P2 substitute. If it actually works, it will be impressive. I would just caution people to look at the user reports of past CitiDisk/Quickstream products before trusting their footage to this. I think it's great that they're developing a solution, especially one that's so much less expensive than the FireStore and should be on the market even sooner.

But there are tons of reports of unreliable Quickstreams and CitiDisk DVs out there... so I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig on this one. I do hope it works though -- could be fantastic.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:17 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green
They are positioning it as a P2 substitute. If it actually works, it will be impressive. I would just caution people to look at the user reports of past CitiDisk/Quickstream products before trusting their footage to this. I think it's great that they're developing a solution, especially one that's so much less expensive than the FireStore and should be on the market even sooner.

But there are tons of reports of unreliable Quickstreams and CitiDisk DVs out there... so I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig on this one. I do hope it works though -- could be fantastic.
I did mention this coming in my InterBEE report because the distributor we deal with handles CitiDisk told me that they had decided to produce one.

But thank you for the info, as always Barry. I would discuss on the reliability before it comes out, so tell the distributor to demand better products.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:25 PM   #7

I still like the concept of P2 better, just because of the small size. I am glad CitiDisk and others are around though, as it will keep Panasonic and their pricing dept. in check.

The more options, the better... for everyone.
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:02 AM   #8
Regular Crew

The citidisk only captures live dv and archives hd, meaning you can offload a P2 onto it but not record live HD...
Alexander Nikishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:27 AM   #9
Trustee

That is a disaapointment.

I might think of making a shoe mountable iPod case or something.
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:33 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Hey Kaku, thanks for all the great footage! Seeing you and your friends ride around on bikes all day really makes me want to go out and try some mountain biking someday! As for your idea of using an ipod, i'd recommend something a bit faster like this setup:
Battery Powered External Firewire HD enclosure-
http://www.cooldrives.com/usb20andfial.html
80gb 7200rpm Hitachi HD-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822145099
With this setup you'd have speed and reliability, at a very affordable price. Hope you like it =)
Alexander Nikishin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders