Panasonic's Pricing of the HVX200 Pal Version - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 15th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Prices suck here in Europe...

Last year in August or September, a month or so before the XL2 was released in America, I asked in a dealer in Belgium how much the XL1s costed... it was 4200 euros, I don't know how much dollar that is, maybe something like 4800 dollars...
And that's just one year ago...

Glad I bought my PAL model second hand from someone on these boards, barely used for 2500 euros.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #17
Trustee

With 2 8gb cards 8219 UKP inc VAT.
http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/cgi-b...onic_ag-hvx200
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #18
Major Player

That's about 14000 USD, right?

Edit: Saw now that it was 13000 USD + VAT. Ouch!
Old January 15th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #19
Trustee

Thats right. And Creative Video have pretty competitive pricing too, so I wouldn't imagine many other companies being much cheaper.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #20
Regular Crew

That's an interesting perspective on sales Peter. No wonder nobody bothers with the small fry in Australia.

The problem with my dvx100a is that I actually want to use the firewire for a firestore or dvrack. Some wonky stuff is going on with the electronics in my camera. The power zoom failed for a few months and then decided to ressurect itself at the expense of losing firewire!

I was thinking of getting the 100b for the lower noise floor, underscan, clearer evf and lcd but the hvx may be the way to go. Will DVT be selling these?
Tung Bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:59 PM   #21
Major Player

The only way to make the price drop is not buying 'em. :)

You can get an HD100 for £3000+VAT, less that HALF the price!
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #22
New Boot

The link to the Creative Video page not only has their price - 12,368.06 euros - but also the following text in the blurb:
"The AG-HVX200 will be available in the first quarter of 2006 at suggested list price of 10,000 Euros including 2 8GB P2 cards."
ex Vat it is 10,526 euros but cameras are usually quoted inc of vat which suggests that a price hike has occured between announcement and delivery (but only with the PAL version)

Just checked http://www.videokit.co.uk and though there's no price yet the blurb states (my caps)
"The AG-HVX200 will be available in the first quarter of 2006 at suggested list price BELOW 10,000 Euros including 2 8GB P2 cards."

Last edited by Tim White; January 15th, 2006 at 07:31 PM. Reason: more info
Tim White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #23
Major Player

So that extra 1 fps is costing us big-time?

Even Sony does't rip us off as badly as that - Panasonic Europe, if you're listening, this is a BAD move.
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Even Sony does't rip us off as badly as that
Sony even sell a camera which can switch from NTSC to PAL and back with the touch of a menu button. I honestly don't see why other companies still restrict their cameras to NTSC or PAL when the CCD resolutions for HD are the same... other than to create a captive market for price hikes, of course.
Mark Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Well, after a bit more digging around, here in New Zealand that increase is going to price the camera at around NZ$15,000 which is around the same price as what the Canon is selling for.

Ummm, I'm really trying to be polite - but if that price doesn't include P2 cards and is bare base camera only (which I can't establish atm) - there's no freak'n way I'm going to part with that sort of money for a handheld (hell, no way even with 2 8gb cards) ... in comparison the Z1 is going for around $7 k.

edit: oh - I forgot the cost of the deck for HDV so add another $4300 to the Sony.
$11300 cf $15,000.

This is fantasy land now - whodathunk that they could ever get people to pay these prices for handhelds ... the mind boggles.
That's confirmed my decision to rent.
Rob McCardle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #26
Major Player

Once we get confirmation on pricing, i'll start another thread so we can do a firm comparison on the pricing between different countries & the PAL/NTSC cameras.

It would be good to get a list of people's names in PAL countries who are going to be forced to either buy the HVX200 overseas or buy a Sony/Canon instead due to massive difference in pricing & switchable NTSC/PAL capabilities. Gee don't Panasonic realise that people actually travel & use their cameras in different countries or shoot for overseas markets & need the 24P/25P-50i/60i option?

Whether or not this makes any difference to Panasonics pricing will yet to be seen but at least they'll be aware of the loss of potential sales, which I believe we should be able to get the list over the 100 names mark.....
James Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 04:33 AM   #27
Major Player

Count me in as a PAL user whos not happy!
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 05:00 AM   #28
Regular Crew

WOT!

i was just thinking, would i be right in saying that Canon's stupid high price is a big part factor of this amazing price tag. It makes me laugh, i think i'm now gonna go with the JVC for definate purley becuase...There is nothing to justify that riduclous cost of the P nor the C. Not even Panniscankers dvx reputation which doesn't that just lie mainly with the NTSC models not the PAL( i'm talking about the supposed film look) I was gonna go with canonrip-off before, but JVC's easy price tag, ergonomics, etc. and the picture are all beating the rest for me. And i don't feel like i'm getting robbed from them.

Just my 2.
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 05:02 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Oh yea and still have not seen any footage form the damn thing, and they've made us wait longer. From any Buisness POV this is not good ethics. WTF
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 06:49 AM   #30
Regular Crew

I guess I will take the JVC instead.
The JVC is sharp, has a great low light sensivity and latitude, cine gamma / look seems to be almost the same as the HVX, records on cheap DV tapes and on 720p there is no Problem with artifacts.
The cam here in Europe new incl. VAT(!) is ~ 5500 - 6000 EUR and I don´t need expensive, additional gimmiks like overpriced P2 Cards.
bye bye panny!
Holger Leonhard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders