HVX-200 footage! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HVX-200 footage!

So, we got ours 2 days ago... what's the first thing we tried? 720p60, who wouldn't? This footage is my partner David dropping coins into a glass cup on the table, he lit it well with the Arri soft lighting kit. He even lit the back wall a bit. I think to get any kind of footage to look good on DV or HD, you have to light it well.

The next step would be to order the G35 adapter and give our camera to REEL | STREAM let them do their magic and get 4:4:4 color space. But then my partner says.. "be patient little root!" geez, I'm already spoiled with this new camera and I want more already.

http://www.motivitypictures.com/hvx2...p60_coins.html
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Music from E.T. :-D

Some nice images.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I was wondering if anyone would recognize the music..

I also forgot to tell everyone we used the highest shutter speed possible... no motion blur as you can see... but now that we have shot it this way, it seems that using a high shutter speed with 60p is tough to do, I actually think high shutter speeds look better with even higher frame rates... like the shots on "Gladiator", during the first scene when the battle is going on, and there are mud chunks flying everywhere, I am certain a higher frame rate than 60p was used. Because as I play back the footage with the link I posted, I almost wish there were more frames... Coins drop so fast. Maybe in 5 or 10 years we'll get 200p, 4096x3112 resolution.

yea right.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM   #4
Major Player

Lovely pictures Cassidy...very impressed by them
Gareth
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:52 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Gareth, we'll try and post as much as we can until everyone receives theirs..
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:11 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Ok now try shooting the same thing with an HDV camera to see how MPEG2 handles that kind of motion.

What shutter speed were you using? 1/60 or was it higher?
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:22 PM   #7
Trustee

HDV can only shoot 30P max... if you are going to do a lot of slow-mo, the HVX is the cheaper better choice. There are some post programs that can do amazing slow mo but it takes a lot of expertise and rendering. HVX will do it on the fly.

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:28 PM   #8
Regular Crew

1/2000 was the shutter speed.. for HDV are you referring to frame resolution independence, and the fact that the Sony Camera doesn't do as well?
Old February 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM   #9
Rextilleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
1/2000 was the shutter speed.. for HDV are you referring to frame resolution independence, and the fact that the Sony Camera doesn't do as well?

Wow--I want one.
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM   #10
Regular Crew

It would be sweet if you did 60p 1/125 shutter so we can see that buttery 1/48 @ 24fps when you run it realtime.
Phil Hover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 07:33 PM   #11
Trustee

That was nice Cassidy, thanks for providing the images.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Phil, I will see if we can do that... I know exactly what you mean...
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:12 PM   #13
Wrangler

Question:

In the 23.976 conformed part of the clip, I'm seeing two images of single coins that are in motion, as if two separate frames are blended. This shouldn't happen with simply conforming progressive frames to a slower speed. Two possibilities I can think of are:

- improper pull-down of an interlaced signal (which there shouldn't be in DVPRoHD?)followed by frame blending
and perhaps
- some odd anomaly of my viewing an embedded web page clip with a Windows box that has QT7.x Basic (freeware version)

Are Mac users or Win QT7 Pro users (who are able to download the clip) seeing this?
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:48 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Ash. It was a joke. My point is the HVX beats 1/3" HDV cameras in doing this kind of stuff. People are arguing minutia in other threads. This is the kind of stuff a client NOTICES!

Pete, I'm seeing the same thing with QT7 on a Mac. Somewhere progressive frames are getting combined.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:55 PM   #15
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Question:

In the 23.976 conformed part of the clip, I'm seeing two images of single coins that are in motion, as if two separate frames are blended. This shouldn't happen with simply conforming progressive frames to a slower speed. Two possibilities I can think of are:

- improper pull-down of an interlaced signal (which there shouldn't be in DVPRoHD?)followed by frame blending
and perhaps
- some odd anomaly of my viewing an embedded web page clip with a Windows box that has QT7.x Basic (freeware version)

Are Mac users or Win QT7 Pro users (who are able to download the clip) seeing this?
For the second half of the video, I believe he adjusted the Speed in the timeline by 40% with frame blending.
Bob Gundu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders