HVX 200 30P vs. 24P at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HVX 200 30P vs. 24P

I've got the HVX200 for a weekend. I'll be uploading clips tomorrow. So far I've shot nearly everything in 720/24np (native progessive).

But I would like to know when it's better to shoot 30p and when you should shoot 24p?

What are the benefits of shooting 30p instead of 24p in 720 mode?

Is it just a higher frame rate? When should you not shoot 24p and shoot 30p instead?

- Nicholas
Nicholas Natteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #2
New Boot

Television broadcasts are at ~30 frames per second. Films at the theatre are shown at 24 frames per second. Unless you're planning to create film masters from your recording, I'd suggest using 30p so that you don't have to convert. There are a few more pros and cons which others can ellaborate on.
Lester Waters is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders