DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Holy Zoo "Nak" Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/60668-holy-zoo-nak-video.html)

Steev Dinkins February 14th, 2006 11:24 AM

Holy Zoo "Nak" Video

For today only, I'll have this up in 720p 10Mbs. Then I'll be switching over to a lower bandwidth version.

http://holyzoo.com/media/video/Holy_Zoo-Nak_4Mbs.mov

Warning: Avoid viewing if you are susceptible to seizures.

Note: No HVX200 was harmed in the production of this video, but damn near it. Consider it officially road tested now. :O

Robert Lane February 14th, 2006 11:47 AM

Oh sure, tease me more...

Steve,

There seems to be a problem with the file; I can't un-stuff/un-zip it. I'm getting file errors.

Must be the HVX sending it's pain along with the clip. (^_*)

Steev Dinkins February 14th, 2006 12:05 PM

Link to video is in the first post

Robert Lane February 14th, 2006 12:31 PM

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun...

Love it! And no, you're not getting off that easy with such a quick reply - be prepared: I'm hitting you with the "howd'ya do it?" stuff after my lunch meeting.

Robert Lane February 14th, 2006 02:27 PM

Ok, lay it on me...how was this shot? Especially the segments where things were time-crunched, what mode was the camera in?

Not that I'd do this (I'll leave this stuff to you and Kaku) but how did you mount this to the bike?

BTW - What happened to Kaku? Haven't seen nor heard from him in weeks.

Barry Green February 14th, 2006 02:31 PM

Steev, it sure looks like the polar bear got ahold of your camera again!

Steev Dinkins February 14th, 2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Lane
Ok, lay it on me...how was this shot? Especially the segments where things were time-crunched, what mode was the camera in?

Time crunch was using 720p60 in video cam mode, in interval mode, doing 1 second record intervals. Every 2 seconds is extremely fast, so I stuck with 1 second.

Quote:

Not that I'd do this (I'll leave this stuff to you and Kaku) but how did you mount this to the bike?

I used a single Bogen Super Clamp on the Gooseneck of the bike and mounted the HVX to a Bogen XY head on the Super Clamp. I had to be careful of all threaded points not coming loose over time. It was frightening for sure. I was pretty comfortable after being out shooting like that for 2 hours though. The car footage was way psycho and I did it as pickup shots after rough cutting since I knew right away I needed more footage. So I got into my car, steering AND shifting with left hand, and holding the HVX in the right hand. I do NOT reccommend this! I blame it on the full moon that night. Now that I've got the thrill seeker urge out, time to play it safer with the cam. :)

Quote:

BTW - What happened to Kaku? Haven't seen nor heard from him in weeks.

I think Kaku has been concentrating on his shooting and his businesses. The guy is like a mini-tycoon over there.

Barlow Elton February 14th, 2006 02:46 PM

Nice stuff, Steev! Definitely show's the creative possibilites with the HVX. It's too bad actual music videos for MTV are rarely shown. I watch VH1 Classic--particularly "The Alternative" just to see stuff like this.

I wanna see the 720p version and project it on my 12ft screen at home!

Steev Dinkins February 14th, 2006 04:09 PM

Thanks Barlow! Much appreciated. I PM'd you the link to the 720p version. Let me know how it looks on an HDTV!

Guest February 14th, 2006 10:37 PM

OK you are an artist. Great stuff so much appreciated. And not so usual around here. I'd like to know if you can also e-mail me the link to the 720p version because I haven't this privilege around here and I'd like to have it digitally projected at my DLP. Thanks.

Steven Dempsey February 15th, 2006 02:00 PM

Wow, Steev, incredibly creative editing, my friend. Kept my interest the whole way through. Although I've seen this kind of thing before, there is something really fresh about the way you put this together. Your sensitivity to how sound and vision influence each other is very apparent here.

Great work

James Llewellyn February 15th, 2006 02:54 PM

Nice. I'm now expecting a phone call saying "Seven days...". No call yet :(

Guest February 16th, 2006 12:48 AM

I'm downloading it til saturday (is it OK?...not a problem for your server management?) for sure in two or three parts because I'm out at my office. There are 300Mb!...but it deserves the interest. Thanks Steev for your mail. Of course, I will post my results -- digitally projected as well at TV screen.

Shane Ross February 16th, 2006 04:17 AM

GOOD ONE! That was great! Isn't HD SHARP? Man.

Really enjoyed it. Definately a keeper. 118MB...oof. Glad I had a cable connection.

Michael Shvartsman February 23rd, 2006 04:09 AM

I've seen it about seven times, good good good work, you are really an artist as Leuname said. Can I get from you the link to the 720p version, please?