DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Snow Footage 60p!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/61680-snow-footage-60p.html)

Cassidy Bisher February 27th, 2006 03:53 PM

Snow Footage 60p!!!

It was a good day to shoot, that's for sure...

http://www.motivitypictures.com/hvx2...w_footage.html

Vince Curtis February 27th, 2006 08:45 PM

Beautiful picture. . .

Jay Morris February 27th, 2006 09:12 PM

This is the nicest stuff I've seen so far. Tells us about your camera settings. Did you use the stock lens? Nice look. What did you do in post?

Thanks!

Jay Morris February 27th, 2006 09:21 PM

Also, what compression settings did you use. The web file looks very clean. Thanks!

Cassidy Bisher February 27th, 2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Morris
This is the nicest stuff I've seen so far. Tell us about your camera settings. Did you use the stock lens? Nice look. What did you do in post?

Thanks!

Well, that's me jumping around & acting a fool... so I didn't mess with the settings that was David... but I know we used the stock lens.

The amazing thing is I didn't do much in post. It was so bright out that day and the colors were naturally saturated. But I took the mids to a more green setting and the whites to blue, but barely. I also crushed the blacks about 2 percent. I used the H.264 compressor this time, to much noise with sorenson. But the size is HUGE. I love this camera.

Thanks Jay

Jack Foley February 28th, 2006 04:25 AM

Cassidy, hi.

I agree this is the best footage shown so far from anyone. Congrats, excellent work! It looks brilliant in the resolution presented and underlines the fact that the HVX is a hell of an SD cam.

But could I ask you to upload a 1-2 second clip of this vid in the original 720p resolution? The best HD footage I've seen yet is still the original material presented by Barry from the pre-production model.

Would be much appreciated.

Jack

Emre Safak February 28th, 2006 07:50 AM

Truly breathtaking. HD makes even the most mundane things look good.

Cassidy Bisher February 28th, 2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Foley
But could I ask you to upload a 1-2 second clip of this vid in the original 720p resolution?

I'll try and do that.. I am in Indiana away from our g5 which those files reside upon... thanks Jack

Jay Morris February 28th, 2006 10:25 AM

This camera loves light. I can't wait to see you guys light an interior scene. It seems like you guys know what you are doing. Great stuff!

Cassidy Bisher February 28th, 2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Morris
This camera loves light. I can't wait to see you guys light an interior scene. It seems like you guys know what you are doing. Great stuff!

Jay, we have done some interior lighting, and it looks really great. We just use the Arri soft lighting kit. It's for a client though, well post it as soon as we can.

http://www.samys.com/product.php?ItemNo=ARRI571984

Marty Baggen February 28th, 2006 11:59 AM

Gorgeous scenes.

I see a lot of folks mentioning "crushed blacks". When we output to 35mm, quality control for Warner Bros nailed us on several scenes that had black levels below minimums.... so a word of caution that if your are planning on outputting to film or commercially distributed disc.... watch your levels. It's tempting to tweak by eye, but if you want your piece in the commerical arena, you must adhere to the standards.

Adam Wilt's website is a wealth of knowledge on the proper set ups for digital and analog, and many other subjects

Kudos again on the footage..... looks cold there!

Cassidy Bisher February 28th, 2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Baggen
Gorgeous scenes.

I see a lot of folks mentioning "crushed blacks". When we output to 35mm, quality control for Warner Bros nailed us on several scenes that had black levels below minimums.... so a word of caution that if your are planning on outputting to film or commercially distributed disc.... watch your levels. It's tempting to tweak by eye, but if you want your piece in the commerical arena, you must adhere to the standards.

Believe me, when I output for broadcast the waveform and vectorscope monitors are used conscientiously used. I painstakingly go through to make sure there won't be any white noise or rich black colors that a "never twice the same color" monitor can't handle. But when ouputting for web... let freedom ring!

Marty Baggen February 28th, 2006 12:16 PM

Indeed! Looking forward to seeing more of your footage.

Have fun... bundle up!

Cassidy Bisher February 28th, 2006 07:44 PM

Yea someday it would be nice to shoot a feature in a blizzard, the crew would hate us, but it would look so great!

Kyle Edwards March 2nd, 2006 02:15 PM

www.flmpro.com/samples/snow_test.avi

Hey an FX1 can do this too! Although with alot more work. HVX is much easier, good job.