Price Drop in the future? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old March 1st, 2006, 09:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Price Drop in the future?

Any idea when the HVX200 will be regularly available from B&H? Or more importantly... any idea when they'll drop in price just like everything else does over time? Like the XL2 is now like $3999... maybe the HVX200 might drop down to maybe $4999 or even $4449?
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Hayes
Any idea when the HVX200 will be regularly available from B&H? Or more importantly... any idea when they'll drop in price just like everything else does over time? Like the XL2 is now like $3999... maybe the HVX200 might drop down to maybe $4999 or even $4449?
I think this is as likely as $1.00 a gallon gasoline.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:07 PM   #3
Go Go Godzilla

Noah,

I wouldn't look for a price drop on the body for a least another year, and even then it wouldn't be as significant as the numbers you're dreaming of.

P2 pricing is another story. We've all seen how the 8GB cards took a significant drop almost immediately after release, and I'd say that there will be yet another price drop within the next 3-6 months. How much or how soon requires a crystal ball - mine has been permanently discarded after guessing how soon I'd get my P2 cards. (laughs)
Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:51 PM   #4
Regular Crew

rent it

If you really need the camera just rent it. I rented one with the whole package including 2 8gb P2 cards for $350 for a weekend. Its a good deal. I wont buy it unless i use it to live on it.
Harikrishnan Ponnurangam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders