Graveyard And Beach Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Graveyard And Beach Footage

I just posted some footage on my website:

www.morrisbrothersfilms.com WRONG!!!!

-----------------------------------------------

GO TO: www.morrisbrothersfilms.net

--------------------------------------------------

There are two H264 .mov clips. The one at the top of the page I shot at a graveyard.

The one at the bottom of the page I shot at the beach.

The files in between are short uncompressed files.

There are also stills I did for a noise test. There is a text file at the bottom of the page with my notes about that test if you are interested.

The graveyard stuff is cine gamma D. The beach stuff is cinelike V.

Which gamma setting do you like best?

Last edited by Jay Morris; March 2nd, 2006 at 12:31 PM.
Jay Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Jay,

Really good funny stuff there. So happy to come across this! I'm planning on doing a sketch comedy show here in Orlando. You got some great talent here. Hopefully get to see some more from you too. Are you putting together a show/ pilot/ or website of comedy? I'm going to be working with the couple of comedy troops in town.. as well as the improv. Might be a way for me to get some national traveling comics...

So nice to see good talent on screen.... The artist guy was friggin great. I had a piece similar about a student who decidedes to do his biology thesis defense as an interpretive dance of the cell in symniotic reproduction....
Justyn Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Jay,

Watched all of the sketches now.. Fabulous stuff. Did you shoot them on the HVX?
Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Wow...

I actually find myself rarely laughing at sketch comedy these days. Mad T.V. has promise at times, SNL sucks, and Rob Cordrey carries theh Daily Show.

Seriously I think you guys are doing some pretty funny stuff. Well at least Jay is or Jason or whatever your name is. How about Morris.

I actually didn't see any graveyard footage or beach footage. I watched most of the clips though on your website. I guess I'm blind.

I always prefer the cine V curve but I really tweak with my settings a lot to get what I am looking for.

I'm assuming all of this was shot to miniDV right? Is any of the footage HD?

David
Old March 2nd, 2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hey Jay... Is the URL incomplete? Where's the HVX footage?

Oh, I get it. You tricked us into watching your other stuff. I didn't have time to see it all, but two of those Bass Ale segments were really, really, really funny.
Mark Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 10:51 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I think the beach and graveyard stuff is here:

http://www.morrisbrothersfilms.net/

They certainly do have some funny stuff on this other site.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:29 PM   #7
Regular Crew

SORRY!!! It was late and I linked to www.morrisbrothersfilms.COM. THAT IS WRONG!!! The HVX200 clips are at: www.morrisbrothersfilms.net

Thanks for watching the shorts. I did not mean to do that. Your comments are kind.

Those shorts were shot with the Sony DSR500. I then filmlooked the footage using Saphire. I sold that camera to buy the HVX200. I'm glad I did. The HVX200 looks a lot more like film. My only complaint, besides the viewfinder and the high cost P2 cards, is that it can be a little noisy at times under certain lighting conditions.

I promise you that there is HVX200 beach and graveyard clips at the .net site. I will also be adding some 60p snow footage soon.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:41 PM   #8
Regular Crew

As far as my name goes, when I signed up to be a part of dvinfo.net, my full name was already taken. I had to come up with a variation.

I don't want you guys to think I go around telling everyone I'm someone I'm not. Honestly, my real name is ORENTHAL J. SIMPSON.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:29 PM   #9
Major Player

Great looking footage. The encode looks a little soft, but I am wondering if you had detail set below 0 for that more dreamy look.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 03:57 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Steve,
I did bring the detail down to -3. You have a good eye!
Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:53 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Nice work Jay! I posted a new thread for noise issues only and used some comment you made before. I read your noisetext and looked at the pictures and graveyard mov. It is very film like appearance to me, but in the start of the mov (TU shot grass) I see in the middle noise and īmovementsī. The same with tree and black flag. Is it the compressing thing or is it in the original?
Raymond Toussaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 07:16 AM   #12
Regular Crew

I did use compression on the long clips that are edited to music. I did not compress the single shots. I would not trust the clips to music. To see the camera at its best download the individual clips.

IF YOU WANT A LONGER UNCOMPRESSED CLIP, GO TO:

I added some snow footage at the bottom of my download page. Most of the shots were over or under-cranked.

I also messed with CC in Final Cut Pro. I went for a high contrast, low chroma look.

The music was made in Soundtrack Pro.

The file is an uncompressed DVCPRO HD 720p 24 .mov file.

This is just another HVX200 test (I still only have 1 4GB card).

Go to:

www.morrisbrothersfilms.net
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:01 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Hi Jayson,

I did downloaded the originals but it is not visible on my internet PC with QTpro (no DVCPROHD decoder) thats why I asked you. Nice music/image combination btw. Overall a little dark on the monitor during daytime;-)

I tried several times to dwnload the 720 24p Beach Footage (H264) (180mb) but it stops after dwnloading 36,6 mb. Is there something wrong? I cant compare the two gamma settings.
I looked at the stills.

I asked 3 questions concerning noise but that seems only aloud for people who *own* a HVX and I try to make a decision to buy one. I did not get one answwer. Anyway, your noise testing is very help full!

Last edited by Raymond Toussaint; March 3rd, 2006 at 05:42 PM.
Raymond Toussaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 07:47 PM   #14
Regular Crew

I think that my web hosting account is messed up right now. Please don't download for a few weeks. I will look into this. Sorry!!!
Jay Morris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders