More Snow Footage!! 60p - Page 3 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 1st, 2006, 06:18 PM   #31
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
1/250 or higher... I can't remember.
I shot this H1 1080i footage at 1/250 for an overcrank look too. www.homepage.mac.com/mrbarlowelton

Have you found that faster shutter speeds work best for that look? btw, the snow footage is really cool. Thanks so much for sharing the great footage.
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 09:32 PM   #32
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow Elton
Have you found that faster shutter speeds work best for that look?
I think it leans on your state of mind or feeling at that moment. If it were sports or action footage using high shutter would be essential... I think for the snow footage we wanted the shutter speed right in the middle for a calm gentle feeling...
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM   #33
Tourist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
Here is another raw file, PC users should be able to see this one... let me know if you can't..

http://www.motivitypictures.com/hvx200/streetlight.mov

right click save as.
Quicktime crashes if I try to open this file.

Anyone else have this problem? (I've been able to view the non-raw file).
Clay Bitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 01:41 AM   #34
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 40
Great examples of the quality of the hvx200!

The first example (the snow) was shown as a quicktime movie (and it played great on my g5) was this shot in the HD mode of the hvx200?

I'm deciding on this vs. sony Z1... but the P2 cards are expensive right now... maybe in a few years price will be better... so now I want to use the dv tape to record in SD mode in 16:9, can I get such good quality? can anyone point me to some examples of what this hvx200 can do in SD?

The panasonic codec seems a lot more friendly than HDV... even though you have to deal with the cards... that will change very fast. I'm thinking about the future, plus the "look" of the panasonic seems more organic than the "z1".

thanks!
Pete Tews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #35
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Do you have quicktime 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Bitner
Quicktime crashes if I try to open this file.

Anyone else have this problem? (I've been able to view the non-raw file).
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #36
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Tews
Great examples of the quality of the hvx200!

The first example (the snow) was shown as a quicktime movie (and it played great on my g5) was this shot in the HD mode of the hvx200?
Yes it was, 720p 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Tews
I'm deciding on this vs. sony Z1... but the P2 cards are expensive right now... maybe in a few years price will be better... so now I want to use the dv tape to record in SD mode in 16:9, can I get such good quality? can anyone point me to some examples of what this hvx200 can do in SD?
If you want to just use DV and record in 16:9 why not get the xl2, we had that previous to this camera and we were always happy with that.

P2 has been great for us... we can show clients the takes right away and browsing through and deleting the ones we don't need. You'll spend a lot of money on tapes unless you re-record over them. Get a 2nd job and buy one. It makes everything so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Tews
The panasonic codec seems a lot more friendly than HDV... even though you have to deal with the cards... that will change very fast. I'm thinking about the future, plus the "look" of the panasonic seems more organic than the "z1".
I would agree about the organic look of the HVX, to me it has similarities to the 16mm film look. And if your using apple and FCP, apple and panasonic try and make it easy with the dvcproHD codec. We haven't had any problems with it. We have a G5, but I can edit HD footage fine on my powerbook, it's amazing.
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #37
Tourist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
Do you have quicktime 7?
Yeah, Quicktime 7.0.4 is installed.
Clay Bitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 05:00 PM   #38
Barry Wan Kenobi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,863
Won't play on a PC at all. Quicktime on the PC doesn't support DVCPRO-HD.

If you have Canopus Edius Broadcast or Avid Xpress Pro HD installed, you can import the clips into your editor and play 'em there. Otherwise, no go.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #39
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 40
cassidy, do you guys have the P2 Store?
also, you have no problem editing on your powerbook? just firewire the camera straight in to your powerbook?
__________________
They are Them Moving Pictures
theyarethem.com
Jon Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #40
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Glen
cassidy, do you guys have the P2 Store?
also, you have no problem editing on your powerbook? just firewire the camera straight in to your powerbook?
No, we don't have a p2 store, I just load the footage by inserting the P2 card into my PC slot, import the footage, then erase the footage when we put the P2 card back into the HVX, but this only works on a powerbook. I have no problem editing on a powerbook, I have 1.5 Ghz PowerPC G4, 2 GB DDR SDRAM...
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #41
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scranton, PA.
Posts: 91
This is the footage that sold me on the HVX. I used the untouched clip you provided to try it out on HDDVD. It was easy to edit and export to DVDSP. The video looked great through the Toshiba HD player. Unlike the Sony HDV that had noticable compression artifacts, this footage was smooth and very colorful. The red hat, 5 o'clock shadow, and other contrasty spots made the video pop out. Great stuff...
Dee Joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #42
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Man, now only if we could get a commission check... I am glad it worked on the HD-DVD, i would love to see that. What kind of HDTV did you view this clip on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Joslin
This is the footage that sold me on the HVX. I used the untouched clip you provided to try it out on HDDVD. It was easy to edit and export to DVDSP. The video looked great through the Toshiba HD player. Unlike the Sony HDV that had noticable compression artifacts, this footage was smooth and very colorful. The red hat, 5 o'clock shadow, and other contrasty spots made the video pop out. Great stuff...
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #43
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scranton, PA.
Posts: 91
I viewed it on my Toshiba 57" rear projection. (That will be my next upgrade)
Dee Joslin is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:04 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network