DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   More Snow Footage!! 60p (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/62749-more-snow-footage-60p.html)

Cassidy Bisher March 13th, 2006 12:52 PM

More Snow Footage!! 60p

We shot this February 23rd, it was snowing. The snow flakes were monstrosic, so we had to get the camera out.. just a few clips of Downtown Grand Rapids...

http://motivitypictures.com/hvx200/m..._snow_day.html

Jaser Stockert March 13th, 2006 02:04 PM

awesome footage! very filmlike! love the slowmo! explain how you did the ramping!...what program did you use? also, what scene file settings? any color correction/filters? thanks and keep em coming!

Cassidy Bisher March 13th, 2006 03:08 PM

Hey jaser, ramping was done in FCP, pretty simple process, not at all like the Arri but it will do. Minor color correction as well, just a hint of greens and blues here and there, crushing the blacks about 2%.

James Q. Manning March 13th, 2006 11:31 PM

Gorgeous stuff!

Michael Goode March 14th, 2006 02:19 PM

Color correction

I watched the footage you had on your site, and I'm really impressed. Probably what'll convince me to buy this cam. Specially liked being able to see the before and after color correction on the coins slo mo.

Do you do your CC w/ Final Cut 5?

I haven't done a whole lot of color correction w/ final cut, mostly After Effects, so this might be a novice question, how do you crush the blacks in FCP?

Cassidy Bisher March 14th, 2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Goode
I haven't done a whole lot of color correction w/ final cut, mostly After Effects, so this might be a novice question, how do you crush the blacks in FCP?

Thanks Michael, first of all i think your doing the right thing, After Effects has a lot more color correction tools.. unless you get plug-ins for FCP.

In FCP you just throw on a 3 way color corrector and bring the slider down on the left, it's pretty easy. Not a lot of finessing but it will do. AE is much much more to offer though...

Michael Goode March 14th, 2006 08:32 PM

yeah, on the production i'm working on now, we're just about to get to CCing and the other editors keep asking me why AE and not just FCP, and I normally tell them that if you CC w/ AE you'll prefer it a lot more. Whew, that sentence had way to many abbreviations in it....

Just wondering if there was something i was missing. I like doing rough CC w/ Final Cut, but then do the actual work in AE

Great footage though, I can't wait to mess around w/ one of these cameras, almost makes me want to write a snow storm into the next film. Dont really get a lot of those in SF though...

Ainslie Davies March 15th, 2006 01:21 AM

Amazing stuff! Really... motivating, which I am sure you are happy about as it fits with your company's name. When I first played it, I had the sound on mute and thought how perfect it would be with some "provocative" style up-beat music, it was just so ironic and perfect when I realised there was sound!... A very filmic scene, I thought could have been lifted straight out of a movie!

Tim Hyten March 15th, 2006 10:57 AM

This is the best HVX footage I have seen so far. I can't believe the bad press I'm hearing about this cam.

Cassidy Bisher March 15th, 2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Hyten
This is the best HVX footage I have seen so far. I can't believe the bad press I'm hearing about this cam.

Yea, Tim.. As I read some of the bad press this camera has received, there is a part of it I agree with, and a part of me that just says, "Who cares!" What I am able to do now is amazing! So while everyone is crapping on it, I will be shooting with it and learning about what I CAN do with it...

Vincent Rozenberg March 15th, 2006 12:28 PM

The first couple of secs looks very very great, but at about 30/40 percent of the movie it stops downloading.. Or is it me?

Cassidy Bisher March 16th, 2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent Rozenberg
The first couple of secs looks very very great, but at about 30/40 percent of the movie it stops downloading.. Or is it me?

Really? Were using I-Power for the hosting, i wonder if this is a bandwidth issue... and how many can view the the video at one time... Sorry about that.

Rogelio Salinas March 16th, 2006 12:08 PM

Excellent footage. Everytime I am turning toward another camcorder, you all post some new footage that makes me favor the HVX200. What was the music you used on your clip? It went perfectly with your footage.

Cassidy Bisher March 16th, 2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogelio Salinas
Excellent footage. Everytime I am turning toward another camcorder, you all post some new footage that makes me favor the HVX200. What was the music you used on your clip? It went perfectly with your footage.

Great! Glad to be an influence... the music was from Ian Brown... "Music from the spheres"

Tim Gray March 16th, 2006 03:18 PM

Nice clips. Ian Brown rocks.