Final Cut "-av" files and the HVX workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old March 14th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Final Cut "-av" files and the HVX workflow

Okay, this is a Final Cut question but it is directly related to my HVX workflow so I'm dropping it here to get straight to the source. Please move the thread if its not appropriate.

Okay ... I was capturing to my "Robert Lane" Powerbook workflow and I, created "-av" files in my Capture folder. I think I had my settings at the "less than 2 GB file size" set in the preferences from a previous DV project.

Now, I need to transfer this footage to my main editing drive ... and I'm nervous ... there's something like 80 "-av" files out there. How do I create a single file from this mess?

Also, one of the files has imported into final cut with a square pixel aspect ratio ... huh? How is that? All the settings were the same as the others?

Thanks folks.
Old March 14th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #2
New Boot

Open the main clip and do a "save as" and make sure you have self contained checked off. BTW, you don't need to do this to edit the footage.
Bob Gundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 03:57 PM   #3
Major Player

YOu just need to make sure that ALL the files transfer. As -av-1 picks up where -av-0 left off, and so on.

Yeah, your drive is formatted in a way to have a 2GB limit.
Shane Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Thanks again, guys.

I've changed my capture settings and saved them out as single files. I appreciate the input.

Here's something ODD that happened during capture ... the very first weird thing that has happened during a PowerBook capture. At the end of one of my sessions that computer locked up and I had to force quit ... yikes! When I restarted all of the media from the capture was there but the frame size of the media was 960 x 360 instead of 960 by 720 ... what the ...???? Thoughts? I really did have all of the other settings correct during capture!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders