DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   The perfect HD on camera monitor for the HVX200? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/62851-perfect-hd-camera-monitor-hvx200.html)

David M. Payne March 14th, 2006 02:56 PM

The perfect HD on camera monitor for the HVX200?

The perfect HD on camera monitor for the HVX200?

I found this monitor from a tip from Lutnik. He has been using it for SD from what I can gather, and he said it gives him a great picture. Its resolution is about the same as the Marshall V-R70P-HDA, and its $249.00, instead of $1400.00. They also make one that had VGA inputs the 700VY for $349.00, same specs as below. The trick is coming up with a way to hook up this monitor to the HVX200 and get it to receive the HD signal so that it can be used as a camera mounted monitor to focus with. It has a standard screw mount thread in the bottom, but no battery pack (though it does have an ACadaptor and a cig lighter adaptor for power) and no way right now to get the HD signal from the camera to the monitor. Any of you tech heads and/or geeks out there have any ideas/links for how to do this? The price is sure good, the size and weight is perfect, if we can figure out a way to make it work.

David

http://www.xenarc.com/product/700y.html

XENARC 700V™
7" TFT LCD Monitor w/ 2 AV Inputs
This high resolution monitor is perfect for
viewing DVD's with its 7" wide screen 16x9 aspect ratio. Easy access front control and
the included remote control allows for the manipulation of all of the monitor's functions.

This monitor offers 800 x 480 display resolution (2400 x 480 dots) in comparison to the 480 x 234 (1440 x 234 dots) that most other 7-Inch TFT LCD monitors offer. That is 242% more dots! See it yourself for the difference in picture quality.

This monitor comes included with an instruction manual, a monitor stand, a Audio/Video cable, an AC adapter, and a cigarette lighter adaptor.

For In-Car Computing, PC, Server, GPS, and various VGA Use
VGA Input (15 pin D-SUB) x 1 (700Y) or VGA Input x 1 & Video Input x 2 (700YV)
Audio Input / Built-in Speaker (700YV)
NTSC / PAL Multi-System (700YV)
16x9 Aspect Ratio
High Resolution Display - up to 1600 x 1200
Auto detects 800x480 resolution
Upgraded High-Brightness CCFL Backlight
Adjustable backlight level for night-time use
Pixelworks High Performance Image and Video Signal Processor
AISS - Advanced Image-Scaling and Shaping
16:9 / 4:3 Scaler settings *New*
Last Input memory (700YV) *New*
Last Power setting memory *New*
IR Remote Control (700YV) *New*
Auto power-on upon signal detection
Automatic display adjustment
On Screen Display Control
Metallic Silver or Black Casing
Copper Stand: 360° / Height Adjustment
20-Pin heavy-duty connector
Supports 11V DC ~ 24V DC
"E" Mark Certified for Automotive use
Compare Features

Model #: 700Y / 700YV
Screen Size: Diagonal 7" (16:9)
Physical Resolution: 800 (H) x 480 (V) WVGA
Supported Resolution: 640 x 480 ~ 1600 x 1200
Dot Resolution: 2400 x 480 = 1,152,000 (dots)
LCD Panel Brightness*: 400 cd/m²
Display Brightness: 350 cd/m²
Operating Voltage Range: DC 11V ~ 24V, 1A
Power Supply: DC 12V
Power Consumption: <8W
Operating Temperature: 23°F ~ 158°F
Dimension (in): 7.75W x 4.75H x 1.38D
Weight (lb): 1.28
FCC, CE, E13 Certification
18 Month Warranty
Available in Silver or Black
30 days No dead Pixel Guarantee

David M. Payne March 15th, 2006 01:27 AM

Here is a link to a HD component to VGA converter for $60.00 I got from Barry Green.

Here's a cheap one, $60: http://hardware.teamxbox.com/xbox/22...GA-Transcoder/

And here is a link to where to buy it. http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO7B3cvR...67%26Itemid=28

Looks pretty straight forward, camera to VD-Z3 to Monitor.

David

Stephen van Vuuren March 15th, 2006 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David M. Payne
Looks pretty straight forward, camera to VD-Z3 to Monitor.

David

Have you solved power yet?

David M. Payne March 15th, 2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen van Vuuren
Have you solved power yet?

I have been unable to even contact the guy(s) at the VD-Z3 site to order the unit yet. It says they are back ordered and the forum there is full of complaints on problems getting on the waiting list and trying to make contsct with someone there. So if anyone else knows of a product that will do the same thing as the VD-Z3 does, post it here.

As for the power issue they have both a AC adaptor and a Cig-adaptor for the car for the unit, if I can get one that is.

David

John McManimie March 15th, 2006 01:28 PM

There is a certain auction site with occasional sales of that item (VD-Z3). (I hope I don't get in trouble for the reference)

Stephen van Vuuren March 15th, 2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

As for the power issue they have both a AC adaptor and a Cig-adaptor for the car for the unit, if I can get one that is.

David

I'm curious as to how much current it draws in use & how well it works in daylight for mounting it on a DV-RigPro with battery.

David M. Payne March 15th, 2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen van Vuuren
I'm curious as to how much current it draws in use & how well it works in daylight for mounting it on a DV-RigPro with battery.

Use the links above to check out the specs on both units. As for use in daylight, untill I have a way to hook the HVX200 up to the VD-Z3 and the monitor I don't know how it will do. I would imagine that some kind of hood will have to be made for the monitor in daylight, but you can do that with cardboard or some other stiff black material.

David

Stephen van Vuuren March 15th, 2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Use the links above to check out the specs on both units. As for use in daylight, untill I have a way to hook the HVX200 up to the VD-Z3 and the monitor I don't know how it will do. I would imagine that some kind of hood will have to be made for the monitor in daylight, but you can do that with cardboard or some other stiff black material.

David

A hood is always an option but I've found even with a hood, glare & brightness still are factors outside, but the specs just list "<8W" power draw. If it's right at 8W. I assume it's drawing around 650ma but you would need some kind of adaptor to connect to battery kits which might affect the current draw.

I looked up the Marshall and they are all higher as well, 7.2W (600mA on 12V), so an external battery setup is a must or a big honking cam-battery system.

Robert Lane March 17th, 2006 11:20 PM

Our "perfect" monitor

See the thread Hans started about HVX monitoring; I've described what we think is the perfect setup - especially when shooting with a jib.

David M. Payne March 18th, 2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Lane
See the thread Hans started about HVX monitoring; I've described what we think is the perfect setup - especially when shooting with a jib.

I will, thanks Robert.

David