hvx200 prices in Australia - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old March 21st, 2006, 02:06 AM   #16
Trustee

Hi Peter,

But not everyone want to be educated. And if be educated, means pay more. ;-)

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 06:37 AM   #17
Inner Circle

well then if producers arent willing to explain the differences to the work required for HD delivery, to their clients, then theyre the ones losing out on the potential business opportunities of the HD format...
With HD the work IS a little more intense and precise. There IS afew more steps when it comes to editing and delivering and all these little nuances take time. To me time is money, ad if people want these HD formats, theyre paying for my time. If my competition is willing to do it for free, or standard DV rates, so be it
I do what i do and they do what they do.
If people dont want to be educated, whether they be producers or the general public, then its their loss coz their missing out on a potentialy greater format than what theyre already using.

Like i said, in the end, its up to us to educate the clients of the benefits. Maybe if we did this to better the industry to create growth, thered be some decent market penetration with appropriate pricing which people would be more than happy to pay for.

Keep people in the dark and your left with nothing except more work for you... without the extra pay for your time...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 12:26 PM   #18
Trustee

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the comments ;-)

Regards
Leigh
Old March 21st, 2006, 03:30 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Well did you know the only reason people bought dvd's was because you didnt have to rewind it and not for the staggering improvement in quality. I'm not sure the change from sd to hd is as big a quantum leap in quality. Also give me better color and dynamic range over resolution anyday.

We're all gadget junkies on this board but the guys doing it for a living have to look at the bottom line. Honestly the general public only buys plasma sets for the fashion. Never mind that there is really nothing outside a computer monitor that can show real high def.

Aaron I got the price of the ntsc mixed up with the pal at globalmediapro. Still comes back to the same issue. Why do we pay more for pal. Hell high def was a chance to get rid of this pal/ntsc bullshit and the companies didnt take it.
Tung Bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:38 PM   #20
Trustee

I agree with Tung. Pixel does not count. It is not the camera make a difference, but the people behind the camera.

Regards
Leigh
Old March 23rd, 2006, 12:43 PM   #21
Trustee

After saying that, I had an opportunity to fly sony hvr-z1p camera with my SmoothArm walking around in the dealer's office yesterday morning. It was shot in wide angle with 1080i. The video projected on the screen outperformed my panansonic nv-gs400 and jvc gy-dv5000 with Fujinon s20x6.4brm-sd lense. The footage is just beautiful from z1. wow ;-) That is in the normal office lighting. I guess my skill has not improved, but by simply switching the camera, the viewing experience gets much better. ;-)

I look forward to flying some hd camera like hvx200 soon. ;-)

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Wanstead
I agree with Tung. Pixel does not count. It is not the camera make a difference, but the people behind the camera.

Regards
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders