An inexpensive/secure way to mount a monitor to the HVX200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old March 31st, 2006, 09:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

An inexpensive/secure way to mount a monitor to the HVX200

An inexpensive/secure way to mount a monitor to the HVX200

I picked up one of these at the local camera store. (Well they had to order it.) It is a Stanrite flash shoe adaptor # FSA-8 by Testrite Instrument company. The top of the card says Photolite. It is a double threaded adaptor that has a footing that slides into your hot shoe and a large knurled threaded nut that screws down on the hot shoe, locking it in place. The top of the unit has a smaller threaded bolt that screws into the bottom of the Marshal V-R70P-HAD monitor and another large knurled nut that locks it to the monitor. You can lock it in any direction around the bolt and face it backward, forward, sideways. It is made out of aluminum and it works great, all for $15.00.

David
David M. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 03:55 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M. Payne
Stanrite flash shoe adaptor # FSA-8 by Testrite Instrument company.
Yep that's the least expensive thing I've seen, and it looks very solid too.

A little more research and I decided to splurge.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=272777

I'm very happy with this mount by Bogen.

-steev
Old April 1st, 2006, 07:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes, I have another mount below that I bought for my fig rig, a Bogen / Manfrotto 2916QR Double Ball Joint Head with Quick Release Adapter and Plate for 45.00 from AVS. The Stanrite will not work with the rig but I just wanted something light, quick and easy to put the monitor on a camera with.

The Bogen 2916QR is built like a tank and it is a bit heavy, but it mounts the monitor just above the camera on the fig rig which is real handy for run and gun type shots. With that and the Varizoom remote control the fig rig becomes capable of some fine focusing/iris control/zoom and start/stop recording on the move. It can also be mounted to the camera to give you some real options as far as how you want to go with monitor placements. But for a simple camera mount when shooting off a tripod I think the Stanrite will work well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

David
David M. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 11:57 PM   #4
Major Player

David:
Can you tell me what you think of the Marshall? I've been looking at doing the same thing (and also using it on my SD Steadicam instead of paying the huge sum for Steadicam's HD monitor)... but I've never actually worked with the Marshall. My audio tech said he'd worked with some older models and found them very angle-of-view sensitive, and hard to accurately judge exposure and contrast. Of course, all LCDs have gotten better in that regard, but I'd like to hear your opinion.
Thanks!
Scott Auerbach is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders