PC Hardware/ HVX200 Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old April 28th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #1
New Boot

PC Hardware/ HVX200 Question

I'll be picking up a HVX200 in two weeks and am currently putting together a new editing system. My current system is just short of editing HD in real time sadly (downloaded the raylight demo and tested that out with some footage). I am a licensed Premiere user and this is my suite of choice and I'd like to keep it that way.

I really need to edit HD in real time. Currently I'm specing out a system with an AMD Athalon 64 FX-60, 4 gigs of ram, and 2TB of internal disk space. I'm leaning towards an ATI Radeon X1900 card, but may go the Nvidia route.

The question.

What are all you PC guys using to cut up your footage hardware wise? Do you think I'm going the right route with this current spec?

Thanks so much,

Phil
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #2
Specialized Communications

If you would like to stay with Premiere, MATROX AXIO LE is the best choice. They will also have FULL support for MXF with the next driver release.

Also, don't forget the P2 to PCI adapter. http://www.spec-comm.com/scpci-p2.php

David
David Linetsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #3
Major Player

Cineform

Hey Phil -

Seems like you've got a great mid-range system for HD editing. The top or higher level system would be a dual opteron, but then again, that's more $$$$ too!!

You may want to check out the Cineform site. They state the only way to currently edit DVCPRO-HD stuff on Premiere (with their software), is by using a Xena card with their Prospect HD software.

Just curious, where did you obtain your camera and did you get a good price? I'm thinking of picking one up myself, but am waiting (eagerly) for the Cineporter HDD to come to market.

AC
Andrew Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

Download the Canopus Edius Broadcast demo and give that a try. You may find it delivers adequate performance on your current system. Edius Broadcast is surprisingly fast.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders