Huge problem! Need some help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 11th, 2006, 08:06 AM   #1
New Boot

Huge problem! Need some help!

Hi there,

I work for a large television station in Toronto and we have recently switched over to P2 software and DVDPRO cameras. The problem I have is that the P2 Viewer/software gets interrupted when i attempt to install it onto my PC. Has this happened to anybody else? How can this be fixed? I have had a gentleman from Panasonic come in and says it is not the program, or the drive, both of which are working. The P2 drive can be read, MXF files can be taken over to my HD, but without the P2 viewer I can't format the P2 Cards! Please, help!

Thanks,
Geoff Brennan
Geoff Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Could you clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Brennan
The problem I have is that the P2 Viewer/software gets interrupted when i attempt to install it onto my PC .... but without the P2 viewer I can't format the P2 Cards! Please, help!
Geoff,

Just trying to clarify here ... are you saying that the software fails to install? I assume the Panasonic rep has connected you with a new install CD?

If you just need to format the P2 cards you can do that within the camera (I think you have one from what I gather in your post) by switching modes on the back of the HVX.

Could you help clarify your question ... that may get you some more replies.
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #3
New Boot

thanks for the info. I have spoken to the rep from Panasonic and he says that he thinks the problem is that i am running a 64-bit comp while the P2 viewer is believed to only work on a comp as high as 32-bit. anybody else have this prob?
Geoff Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Put in a 32bit comp to format P2 cards? If that's all you need it for, a small machine and a KVM switch wouldn't take up much room.
Jason Boyce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders